View Other Details
All in-program travel and transport
3 meals a day (excluding snacks)
All expeditions, activities, excursions, entry fees and adventure travel as described in the itinerary
Experienced Program Instructors and local guides
Environmental education and volunteering projects
Experiential core curriculum that pushes students to reflect and ask questions of themselves - working towards a deeper understanding of their values, identity, passions and purpose
Individual mentorship from program instructors, supporting you in your personal goals for the program
Informal lectures from resident experts on conservation and eco-tourism
Explore colorful Barcelona and historic Andalusia, walk part of the world-famous pilgrimage route Camino de Santiago, and delve deep into Spanish culture on this inspiring gap year program through Spain!
We start this journey through Spain by exploring Madrid and taking some Spanish language classes, before heading north to walk part of the ancient pilgrim route to Santiago de Compostella. As we discover the southern part of Spain, known for its many Moorish influences, we will immerse ourselves in local culture by cheering at a football match, mastering the passionate flamenco dance, and getting introduced to Spanish cuisine. When we head east towards Barcelona, we will discover the architectural masterpieces of Gaudi, like Park Guell and the world-famous Sagrada Familia. Ready to join us on this journey to the heart of Spain for a life-changing gap year abroad?
- Traverse Spain and visit the history filled cities and cathedrals of Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona
- Learn to dance the dance of Spain with flamenco lessons in Sevilla
- Get a Pilgrim's Credential for walking the iconic Camino de Santiago for 17 days
- Spanish lessons and cultural orientation in Alcala de Henares
- Stay off grid and learn to live sustainably during a farm stay in southern Spain