Year On's Semester Experience is a 3-month gap semester program that helps high school graduates find the confidence, clarity, and direction to succeed in college–and beyond. On this program, students travel abroad, explore their interests, and gain clarity and focus before entering college. Students will spend 5 weeks traveling abroad to India, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru, or Tanzania where they will complete a service learning project. After that, they will spend 10 weeks in San Francisco, CA participating in workshops that will develop and hone the soft skills that aren't traditionally taught in school. Throughout the program, students will work with a dedicated coach to help set goals, develop good habits, and explore their interests. The experience, skills, and network students gain through our 3-month program will help prepare them to enter college with a purpose.
- Step outside your comfort zone and immerse yourself in a new culture by volunteering abroad in India, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru, or Tanzania.
- Work one-on-one with a coach to develop your self-directed learning skills and gain a better understanding about yourself.
- Gain a clearer understanding of possible career options and develop a plan on how to get there.
- Learn skills that aren’t traditionally taught in school, like how to deal with rejection, self-advocacy, and goal setting.
- Live in San Francisco, develop your network and attend workshops in a modern, fast-paced startup workspace located at the heart of the SoMa neighborhood.