GirlCode Gap Semester Program *NEW Program*

GirlCode Gap Semester Program *NEW Program*

The GirlCode Gap Semester is designed for a group of self-directed, independent women who want to learn to code and be immersed in a growing startup. Explore yourself, New York, computer science, and alternative education.

Why Learn to Code?

Coding allows you to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to break down difficult challenges into logical and actionable steps. After completing the GirlCode Program, you could land a junior software engineering role and make upwards of $70K, forge your path in the world of alternative education, start your own company, or have a clear sense of what you want to study in college.

Why GirlCode?

It’s 2016 and only 18% of software engineers are women. The GirlCode Program is designed to change that statistic and empower a community of passionate women to use technology to solve big problems in the world.

• You will meet get matched with world-class female mentors from startups based on your interest
  • Our team will help align the GirlCode Program to your goals in order for you to focus, develop, and hone in the skills you are passionate about
  • ​Take tech trips to visit New York’s biggest startups like Facebook, Google, Tumblr, or Buzzfeed
  • Each week, you will be sent a list of curated startup events to help you delve into the NY tech scene and explore New York, network and hone your interests
North America » United States of America » New York
Application Fee

Sally
DC
Georgetown University

This program changed my life!

Before I started The GirlCode Gap Semester, I was had never coded and didn't know what I wanted to study in college. I had heard about coding, but I didn't really know what it was. When I joined, the team worked with me to help go over my goals and set a individualized plan for my semester. Each morning, I would learn how to code. I started to fall in love with it! I also got to shadow and intern with different parts of The Coding Space to see what areas interested me the most.

I also really enjoyed being able to teach kids how to code in the afternoons. It was such a great way to practice coding and break down the concepts to make sure an 8 year old could understand.

The program is small and entirely customized to you, which I loved. Now I decided to study Computer Science at Georgetown University. I am so grateful for my experience with the GirlCode Gap Semester and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in technology!

It is very small, so if you are looking for a large group, this program is not for you. Because it is so small, you can get a very personalized learning experience.

The Coding Space is a NYC based after school program to empower and teach kids how to code and build critical thinking skills. We offer Gap Year Programs to empower young adults to find their passions, explore alternative education, coding, and New York.

Our Gap