The Grand Rapids Bridge Year (formerly called the Bridge Street Mission School, BSMS) is an 8-month Christ-centered discipleship program based in Grand Rapids, Michigan with an emphasis on bible engagement, intentional community, rhythms of prayer and urban ministry – both local and global. This gap year (or "bridge year") program is available for 17-29 year-olds hungry to know Jesus and make him known in our city and beyond. Our purpose is to equip young people for a life of mission in whatever context God calls them into. The first four months are focused on spiritual formation and local urban ministry, and the following two months focus on global mission in either Guatemala or India - your choice! The final two months are focused on equipping students to translate their knowledge and experiences into a life of mission. Contact us for more info!
- 2 full months of global mission work
- 6 months of local urban neighborhood engagement
- Perfect mix of biblical teaching with hands-on ministry experience
- Christ-centered community in a college dorm-like setting
- Earn up to 21 transfer credits to participating colleges and universities