- United States of America
View Other Details
SEA is based in the world-renowned oceanographic research village of Woods Hole, Massachusetts, on Cape Cod. Since 1971, we have educated more than 10,000 students about the global oceans through preparatory studies on shore followed by a tall ship sailing research voyage at sea.
Ocean Exploration is an interdisciplinary gap program that combines insights from the natural and social sciences to deepen students’ awareness of and appreciation for the ocean. Students will gain a deeper understanding of the complex marine environment through field-based research, a sailing adventure aboard a tall ship, and innumerable opportunities for skill-building, leadership development, and personal growth. Students will develop lifelong leadership and teamwork skills while completing an epic ocean passage from the temperate shores of New England to the tropical islands of the Caribbean. No prior sailing experience is necessary, but the desire to learn is required!
College credit optional.
- Build self-confidence and self-reliance on near shore ocean voyage!
- Develop lifelong skills in leadership, teamwork, communication, and critical thinking.
- Conduct environmental research on marine debris and coral reefs.
- Gain the skills needed to help address one of the defining issues of the 21st Century: human impact on the marine and coastal environment.
- Stand out from the crowd through this experiential learning adventure!