SEA is based in the world-renowned oceanographic research village of Woods Hole, Massachusetts, on Cape Cod. Since 1971, we have educated more than 10,000 students about the global oceans through preparatory studies on shore followed by a tall ship sailing research voyage at sea.
Modeled after our Boston University accredited SEA Semester undergraduate program, SEA gap programs offer any student interested in the oceans the opportunity to study the marine environment through the disciplines of science, maritime history & culture, policy, and leadership.
Choose between an academic, credit-bearing program or an experiential not-for-credit program - either way, no sailing experience is required!
Pacific Odyssey (Spring 2021, non-credit bearing)
Atlantic Odyssey (Fall 2021, non-credit bearing)
Ocean Exploration (Fall 2021, credit-bearing)
- Build self-confidence and self-reliance on near shore ocean voyage!
- Develop lifelong skills in leadership, teamwork, communication, and critical thinking.
- Conduct environmental research on marine debris and coral reefs.
- Gain the skills needed to help address one of the defining issues of the 21st Century: human impact on the marine and coastal environment.
- Stand out from the crowd through this experiential learning adventure!