Start your gap year off on an adventure with a purpose... Immerse yourself in an experiential learning odyssey on shore in Cape Cod and at sea aboard a sailing research vessel. Develop lifelong leadership and teamwork skills while completing a sea voyage in coastal waters from the temperate shores of New England to the coral reefs of Florida. Join a network of 8,500+ SEA Semester alumni who consistently stand out from the crowd on college, internship, and job applications.
This multi-disciplinary program is an adventurous alternative to online coursework and delivers a life-changing sea voyage of scientific discovery, academic rigor, personal growth in a closed-community aboard a tall ship. Atlantic Odyssey is designed to conform with U.S. State Department travel restrictions and CDC health guidelines.
- Build self-confidence and self-reliance on near shore ocean voyage!
- Develop lifelong skills in leadership, teamwork, communication, and critical thinking.
- Conduct environmental research on marine debris and coral reefs.
- Gain the skills needed to help address one of the defining issues of the 21st Century: human impact on the marine and coastal environment.
- Stand out from the crowd through this experiential learning adventure!