Start your gap year off on an adventure with a purpose... Immerse yourself in an experiential learning odyssey on shore in Cape Cod and at sea aboard a sailing research vessel. Develop lifelong leadership and teamwork skills while completing an epic ocean passage from the temperate shores of New England to the tropical islands of the Caribbean. Join a network of 8,500+ SEA Semester alumni who consistently stand out from the crowd on college, internship, and job applications.
This gap year program offers gap and winter start students a deeper understanding of the complex marine environment through field-based research, a sailing adventure aboard a tall ship, and innumerable opportunities for skill-building, leadership development, and personal growth both on shore and at sea.
- Build self-confidence and self-reliance on an epic ocean voyage!
- Develop lifelong skills in leadership, teamwork, communication, and critical thinking.
- Conduct environmental research on marine debris, the Sargassum ecosystem, and coral reefs.
- Experience new cultures, learn about marine conservation efforts in the Caribbean.
- Stand out from the crowd through this experiential learning adventure!