Reading Corps Tutor Program

Thousands of kids struggle with reading in the US. Offer your time and talent as a tutor and BE MORE for these students.

Make a difference as an Elementary Literacy Tutor by helping students in kindergarten through third grade to become better readers. With great training and onsite coaching, we’ll prepare you to work one-on-one to help kids develop their reading skills and confidence!

This is an AmeriCorps member position with Reading Corps. Although the earnings are modest, the rewards and community impact are great! You’ll join an amazing group of more than 1,500 tutors throughout the country.

• Literacy
  • Paid
  • Service
  • AmeriCorps

Jennifer

Life Changing

Before Reading Corps, I was a stay at home mom looking to get back into the work field. I saw a posting on the website and decided to apply. It was by far, one of the best decisions I've made! Reading Corps gave me the opportunity to work with students in my community. They have a great support system in place. It has equipped me with tools to help students become better readers. I've also utilized these skills with my on children and the results have been amazing! I have had the privilege of working with a variety of students and teaching staff. I've gained lasting relationships and friendships within the school community. It was a very fun and rewarding experience and I am grateful for the opportunity. Reading Corps Rocks!