Math Corps Tutor Program

Math Corps tutor
Math Corps tutor

Thousands of kids struggle in math and you can make all the difference. Offer your time and talent as a tutor and be more for these students.

Make a difference as a Math Tutor by helping students in grades 4-8 to improve their skills and get on track with math. With great training and onsite coaching, we’ll prepare you to work with pairs of students to build fundamental math skills and confidence.

This is an AmeriCorps member position with Math Corps. Although the earnings are modest, the rewards and community impact are great! You’ll join an amazing group of more than 500 tutors in Minnesota, California, and Georgia, determined to help students be more.

• Math
  • Service
  • Paid
  • AmeriCorps

Hannah

One in a Lifetime Opportunity

Becoming a Math Corps Tutor is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make a difference in students' lives! As I entered my year of service with Math Corps, I knew that I could make a positive impact on students who were struggling in math. Many of these students desired small group attention with an adult in their building and needed an encouragement booster to be able to feel successful and smart. As I went through my year of service, I was able to develop relationships with these students and watching them grow as learners. As I reflect back on my year, these students and all the interactions have transformed my life in ways I couldn't have imagine.

What was your funniest moment?
One of my funniest (and heart warming) moments was when I had two students come find me during lunch time who were very eager to work on their math skills! These two students pushed back many time about coming for tutoring, but now wanted to play math games rather than run outside with their friends.