- United States of America
View Other Details
Immerse in a western Colorado homestay on a cattle ranch and learn what makes small family farms vital. Soar atop the rapids of the Colorado River and retrace history as we address water rights issues and sleep under starry skies. Build a toolkit of medical skills, join the ranks of the outdoor professionals as Wilderness First Responders. Get your hands dirty building an entirely sustainable home and learn first-hand the power and potential of renewable energy sources.
ARCC’s Southwest Gap Semester provides access to some of America’s most beautiful and remote landscapes ranging from the depths of Utah’s most spectacular canyons and the jagged peaks of the Colorado Rockies to the expansive deserts of New Mexico and Arizona and the dramatic coastline of Southern California. Building upon our 38-year history of running domestic programs in the U.S., this semester provides hands-on opportunities and access to areas usually unavailable to the everyday traveler.
- Raft Cataract Canyon and Explore Lake Powell While Learning About Water Rights
- Work alongside an Organization Building Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Housing
- Earn Your PADI SCUBA Certification Among the Colorful California Marine Life
- Learn about Immigration Reform and Initiatives along the Southern Border
- Explore Arches National Park and Catch a Sunset at Delicate Arch