View Other Details
Leave the traditional classroom far behind, as we journey to the heart of Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. Our Southeast Asia Gap Semester is a unique blend of education, projects, and exploration of these intriguing and ancient cultures. Our exclusive access to people and places, developed over decades, gives us a window into aspects of Southeast Asia rarely experienced by outsiders. In Vietnam, we work with youth affected by Agent Orange in their daily activities. While exploring Cambodia, we get our hands dirty building and installing bio-sand filters for families in rural villages outside Siem Reap. We partner with local conservationists at a Thai Elephant Rehabilitation Center deep in the jungle to understand the true value of conservation as we care for Thailand’s indigenous elephants. Standing knee-deep in rice paddies with our host families, we discover a way of life that has remained virtually unchanged.
- Immerse yourself in Buddhist Teachings and Meditation at a Monastic Institute
- Impact Lives While Installing Clean Water Filters in Homes in Cambodia
- Become SCUBA Certified on the Thai Island of Koh Tao and Help Restore the Reef
- Learn About and Care for Elephants in Thailand Alongside Local Conservationists
- Explore Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hanoi, and Phnom Penh