This 10-week semester program offers you enriching and inspiring experiences throughout the beautiful regions of the United States’ West Coast and surrounds. It combines service-learning conservation projects in diverse reserves; outdoor expeditions including backpacking, kayaking, rock climbing, yoga and white-water rafting; and educational adventure travel through the west’s stunning mountain, forest and desert environments. Discover the weaving and cooking traditions of the Native Americans, the National Parks’ efforts to mitigate deforestation and reintroduce endemic wildlife, and uncover more about your own backyard than you even knew existed.
This fall and spring semester program is suitable for high school graduates, gap year students, university students and graduates, ideally 18 – 24 years.
- Backpacking trip in Shasta Trinity National Forest, California
- Mountain biking in Sedona, Arizona
- White water rafting and horseback riding in Missoula, Montana
- Ranger Guided Program in the White Sands National Park, New Mexico
- 3-day yoga & hiking retreat in Joshua Tree National Park, California