This 10-week semester program offers you enriching and inspiring experiences throughout the United States’ diverse eastern landscape. It combines service-learning conservation projects; an immersive wilderness field course; outdoor expeditions including backpacking, surfing, kayaking, yoga, canoeing and white-water rafting; and educational adventure travel through the east’s stunning mountain, forest and coastal environments. The United States is, in many ways, a country unlike any other, and this experiential travel semester offers an amazing absorption into just how diverse its eastern regions are! Discover the amazing forests of the Adirondacks, the dark sky constellations in West Virginia, and the diverse ecosystems off the coast of Georgia. Explore the vibrant cultures in the cities of Asheville, Nashville, Atlanta, and Charleston. Uncover more about your own backyard – and yourself – than you even knew existed.
- Wilderness Field Course in Spruce Knob, West Virginia
- Overnight constellation course in the dark sky region
- White water rafting expedition and Moose spotting
- Self-led canoe trip in Merchants Millipod State Park, North Carolina
- Rock climbing in Acadia National Park, Maine