Surrounded by thousands of acres of wilderness, in the craft center of southeast, nestled in a homestead on a little river valley.
Challenge yourself to play hard and explore this earth, and, as a result, lead with character, clarity, and confidence. As a group, you choose how you play and grow. Maybe it's a day on the high ropes course or navigating a night paddle or climbing up a rockface.
Make your life: create practical items from raw materials. You decide what skills you would like to develop and we facilitate the workshops. These can range from soapmaking to woodworking, basket weaving to blacksmithing.
Take on tasks joyfully in the garden and in cooking homemade foods. Through building raised beds, planting seeds, weeding, watering, and harvesting the fruits and veggies of your labor, you can witness the value of the slow food movement and reap the rewards of eating the foods you grow.
Set yourself up for success and fulfillment in college, work, and life.
- Make things you would otherwise buy: handmade journal, natural soap, knitted hat, buckskin pouch, herbal teas and medicines, wooden spoon, and more
- Grow your own organic food and take care of a flock of chickens
- Explore the South Appalachian mountains by foot, mountain bike, canoe, and top rope,
- Learn homesteading skills from farmers, fermenters, herbalists, natural builders, and more
- Pursue an independent project of your choice, such as dyeing, spinning, and knitting a sweater, learning how to plan expeditions, growing food and cooking your favorite recipes, building a chicken coop, and more