The Wilderness Adventures Institute (WALI) Gap Semester programs provide you with opportunities to test your foundational outdoor skills and further your capabilities as a leader. At WALI, you and your cohort will earn your Wilderness First Responder certification, the industry standard for professional guides, trip leaders, search and rescue team members, outdoor recreationalists, and international travelers. Other certifications may include CPR/First Aid, Swift Water Rescue, and more. You will perform meaningful service work alongside National Forest rangers and non-profit advocates. You will utilize your time outside of the traditional classroom setting to hone in your hard and soft skills, receive impactful leadership instruction, and build towards your capstone experience at the end of your term. With an outdoor classroom unlike any other, this is the adventure of a lifetime.
- Wilderness First Responder + CPR Certifications
- Backcountry Canoeing, Kayaking, and Whitewater Rafting
- Backpacking and Mountaineering
- Leave No Trace Principles, Conservation-Focused Curriculum
- Service Work with Non-profits, Youth, National Parks and Forests