- United States of America
View Other Details
Experience epic surf, golden beaches, the aloha spirit and active volcanoes on this gap year program in Hawaii!
This 6-week mini semester program offers you an enriching and inspiring experience in tropical Hawaii. Hawaii consists of eight islands, which are all unique in their own way. Your days will be as varied as the islands you visit, with a fusion of hands-on volunteer work, surfing, snorkeling, cultural immersion and, of course, non-stop adventure!
There is an endless list of things to do in Hawaii. From learning to smash open coconuts and making beautiful leis, to stargazing on top of a dormant volcano and heading out to one of only four green sand beaches in the world. Immerse yourself in Hawaiian culture as you discover its fascinating ocean and mountain landscape and explore the incredible jungle, volcanoes, and beaches.
We recently embarked on a Net Positive Benefit project where we are qualifying what impacts our groups have on the local communities, taking into consideration carbon emissions +/- social impacts +/- conservation impacts +/- community impacts. On our programs, students engage with non-profit organisations such as Litter Intelligence, Scholars of Sustenance, Ulu Mau puanui, Llama Pack project where they directly work for a better future - planting trees, eradicating invasive weed species, helping local communities and food banks.
- Learn from local non-profits how to organically aid in the restoration and conservation of local ecosystems.
- Immerse in Hawaiian culture learning native food making techniques and the heritage and history of Hawaii.
- Surf lessons based in Kona, the sunny district on Hawai’i Island.
- Yoga and meditation in Hilo, amongst the breath-taking, the natural beauty of the northeast side of the Big Island.
- Hike the Volcano National Park and watch the sunset.