View Other Details
Mention Argentina and people think of gauchos, sultry tango dancers, or maybe Evita - but there's more, from first-rate museums, galleries, theaters, and architecture to stunning natural wonders and a variety of landscapes that you will not find anywhere else.
Discover Argentina’s dynamic culture and active lifestyle as you make friends and become a part of the community. This eight-week summer program offers you the chance to develop your Spanish skills in a dynamic learning environment. By staying with a host family and attending a local high school, you’ll be immersed in daily life and experience the many layers of this diverse culture. Because the program falls during winter break (remember, seasons are flipped in South America), you can spend a few weeks getting to know your host family while school is out. By the end of the two months, you’ll have gotten a taste of life-changing international education.
- Immerse yourself in the Spanish language - the best way to become fluent in the second most-spoken language in the world.
- Live with a host family to deepen your immersion and connection to Argentine culture. If you’re like most AFSers, you won’t want to leave this second family.
- Explore Argentina's stunning landscapes and bustling city streets.
- Make connections and memories you'll never forget with other AFS exchange students from around the world.
- Become a global citizen. Gain intercultural communication skills. Build your college and career resume.