- Live with a host family and experience warm Italian hospitality
- Attend a local high school that focuses on linguistics, art, or a more traditional curriculum
- Develop your language skills and learn the ins-and-outs of everyday Italian life
- Chance to explore the snow-capped Alps, Roman ruins, and picturesque coastal towns
- Linger over delicious home-cooked meals and sample the world’s best gelato
Italians know how to enjoy life, whether through art, music, and food, or the company of friends and family on an after-dinner passeggiata (leisurely walk). Despite the abundance of history - Roman ruins, Renaissance art, medieval towns - Italy is also modern, taking part in the European Union, keeping up with modern technology, and, of course, leading in style and fashion. By going to a local school and living with a host family for a year or semester, you’ll be totally immersed in this rich language and culture. As you settle into life as an Italian teenager, you and your friends can spend your free time hanging out at cafés, going dancing, or playing popular sports like soccer.