• Argentina

Program Details

Host Family Hotel Lodge
Age Max

Pricing

Price varies per program and is all-inclusive. Combine any two programs for a 5% discount.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Meals Transportation Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare SIM cards Travel Insurance
Oct 16, 2022
Sep 10, 2022
1 traveler is looking at this program

Experience the limitless potential of this incredible South American country. Arcos Journeys Abroad offers engaging journeys to explore a variety of places and topics that are unique to Argentina. Study Spanish in the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires with its historic neighborhoods and rich culture. Perform community service and learn about issues facing Buenos Aires and the people working to solve them. Study the Arts through photography and printmaking. Travel to Misiones, in the tropical north, to volunteer at a rural school and feel the awe-inspiring power of Iguazu Falls. Fly to Patagonia and the snowy peaks of the Andes for a unique ski and snowboard camp at Cerro Catedral, South America’s premiere winter sports center. Argentina with Arcos Journeys Abroad has something for everyone!

Program Highlights

• Participate in daily activities such as city tours, museum visits, cooking and dance classes
  • Cross the Rio de la Plata to Colonia, Uruguay, a UNESCO World Heritage site
  • See Iguazu Falls, one of the seven natural wonders of the world!
  • Visit an Argentine cowboy ranch and learn about the life of the gauchos
  • Experience the music and artistry of a tango dance performance

Popular Programs

Snowboarder in Cerro Catedral, Argentina

Keep those ski and snowboard skills sharp this summer at Cerro Catedral in Bariloche, Argentina! Travel to Argentina during the height of the South American winter season. Located in Patagonia, and set on the slopes of the Argentine Andes, you will experience South America’s premiere ski center. Top-notch instructors will work with you daily. Excursions are included to area highlights. Start your program exploring the best of Buenos Aires before flying to Bariloche for adventure and fun!

Iguazu Falls National Park

Explore environmental education, community service, and cultural exchange in Argentina. Work alongside teenagers in Buenos Aires and learn about recycling projects to improve the city and build a cleaner future. Participate in engaging activities and city tours. Travel to the tropical region of Misiones and volunteer at a rural school with elementary children and learn about the challenges facing remote communities in Argentina. Revel in outdoor adventure at Iguazu Falls National Park.

Student volunteers at Ronald McDonald House in Buenos Aires, Argentina

Combine community service work with Spanish classes in Buenos Aires, Argentina! Learn about the economic and social issues facing Buenos Aires through your community service placement while you contribute to those in need. Spanish classes at a Cervantes Institute enhance and complement your experience. Participate in engaging cultural activities such as a cooking class, tango dance class, and city tours. Excursions included to Colonia, Uruguay, a gaucho ranch and the El Tigre river delta.

Street mural in Buenos Aires, Argentina

Participate in daily workshops focusing on the arts in Buenos Aires. Each week explore a different artistic area. Learn about photography, and printmaking with local artists and professionals. No prior experience needed! Spanish classes are included to learn more about Argentine culture and to enhance your experience. Gather inspiration from this cosmopolitan city with daily activities and city tours. Excursions included to Colonia, Uruguay, a gaucho ranch and the El Tigre river delta.

Students in Spanish class in Buenos Aires, Argentina

Study Spanish in Buenos Aires, the Paris of South America! Take Spanish classes in a 19th century building in the historic city center. Explore the city’s vibrant neighborhoods of La Boca, San Telmo, and Recoleta. Attend a tango performance. Participate in museum visits, a cooking class, a tango class, and language exchanges. Visit a working Gaucho ranch for a traditional asado. Cross the Rio de la Plata to Colonia, Uruguay to explore the old Portuguese fort and UNESCO World Heritage Site.

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Barbara

Ski Program in Argentina

Great program. Teen oriented. Safe. Educational. Super fun. Boys did both a Spanish emersion in Buenos Aires and ski program in Pantagonia. Amazing mentors and group leaders. My two fifteen year olds had a wonderful time. They have met other kids from all over the world. Kevin, their program director, was dependable, enthusiastic, and took great care of them. Highly recommend! We are considering using Arcos again, either for the same program or something similar but in another country in South America. Working with Brent, programs admin, was great. He is quick to respond, solve issues, and supportive.

Adrian

Amazing arcos Argentina program with Kevin

I loved everything about this trip. The blend of security, safety, fun and freedom was perfect. I could not only have fun but feel safe and confident in my choices. It was super pooler duper cool. I had a lot of fun and made many friends. Skiing was so awesome. I would recommend this program to anyone regardless of their background. Meeting new people in the city was also very interesting. I made several new friends and hung out with them on occasion. This program also helped my develop my Spanish language.

Pros
  • Everything
Sandro

Bariloche and Buenos Aires expirience

This trip was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it. My tour guide Kevin, was very kind, polite and helpful.‎‎‏‏‎
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Pros
  • Very nice guide
Sean

Arcos Argentina

I went to Argentina for 4 weeks through the Arcos journey abroad program. For two of the weeks, I attended a school, and for the other two weeks, I volunteered at a retirement home. Some of the activities I do include attending a tango show, going to various museums, and of course, doing all the most common popular activities. All of these activities were done with a group of other students my age. I also stayed in an apartment with another family, the housing experience was very comfortable and accomidating

Pros
  • Lots of activities
  • knowledgeable guide
  • free time
Cons
  • can be tiring
  • difficult at first to settle in
Cassandra

Buenos Aires spanish immersion high school

This program was a unique experience. I don’t think most people in North America are aware of the beauty of Argentina. I’d recommend taking the Spanish immersion program in Buenos Aires. The architecture is beautiful and the food is delicious. The Spanish classes are really interesting and personal. We were only 4 in our class which makes for a fast learning process. My only issue with this trip was how I was treated by my house mom. It felt like she didn’t want us there and that she was hosting only to make money. Other people in my group lived a similar experience.

Pros
  • Great Spanish classes
  • Good food
  • Interesting tours
Cons
  • House families don’t care about you
Lovelace

Kevin is cool and epic

Argentina was a great learning experience for Spanish and a lot of fun. Being able to speak Spanish with everyone there accelerated my learning speed. Skiing was also very fun, and all the activities we did during both programs were fun and valuable. The guide was knowledgeable and fun to be around. The activities could have been better fitted to our age group, as some were boring. The flight arrangements were good and worked out well. The guide was very good at helping us navigate and get through the airport and at arranging travel.

• Friends
  • Spanish
Cons
  • Activities
Leo

For Kevin

The trip leader was incredible. Kevin Williams was the man. The skiing was fun. Overall fun trip. I made a lot of good memories with my friends and met some new ones. Good cultural immersion.

Pros
  • Fun with friends
  • Meet new people
  • Skiing
Cons
  • Food options occasionally limited
Jasper

Love the crew and kevinnn - Jasper

Fun crew, at first was a little weird getting to know the people cause I haven’t met people from these specific areas but we all fell right into place thanks to Kevin! I don’t think I would do anything differently besides maybe helping with chores a little more I was kinda lazy most the time, I really how nice Kevin was and how much he could relate and fit in with such a rowdy teenage crew, and Kevin if your reading this, mi español es mejor día por día, aprendo mucho slang y otras cosas, suerte con vida amigooooo!

Pros
  • Food
  • Skiing
  • Kevin
Cons
  • Nada
  • Zilch
  • Nothing