Now Hiring: Travelers with Youth/Education Experience!

Are you passionate about inspiring youth? Do you believe experiential education is crucial to growth and development? TFT staff have the unique opportunity to work with teens in incredible countries all around the globe. Our staff have in-depth knowledge of the destinations we visit and are proven role models and leaders. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Check out our site for more details and to submit your application today!

Travel For Teens: Australia

Learning Native Culture
Learning Native Culture
Sydney Bridge Climb
Sydney Bridge Climb
Great Barrier Reef
Great Barrier Reef
Participants get amazing views from the top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge!
Participants get amazing views from the top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge!

Visit the Land Down Under with us! Our Australia program is led by our beloved trip director who is a local! Join us this summer as we show you the best the country has to offer. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, hold a koala, and feed wild dolphins. Learn about the Aboriginal history and culture and volunteer on a building project for an Aboriginal school. Program participants have the chance to volunteer abroad, make cultural comparisons, and explore the beautiful nature of the Outback.

Service, Adventure & Culture

Australia and New Zealand Service: Fly across the International Dateline and arrive in the Land Down Under! Our journey to Australia and New Zealand is a perennial TFT favorite, combining adventure with cultural exploration and major travel destinations paired with little-known gems.

Australia and Hawaii Service: This Pacific adventure offers something for everyone! Go from winter in the Southern Hemisphere to the tropics all on one trip, while learning about the incredible wildlife of both Australia and Hawaii and performing meaningful volunteer work in both destinations.

Australia Service and Adventure: Featuring everything from the Great Barrier Reef and breathtaking desert scenery to the buzzing energy of Sydney, this incredible program offers a comprehensive look at Australian culture and wildlife. Plus, you'll even earn community service credit as you volunteer at a local environmental organization!

Australia, New Zealand and Fiji Service: This incredible journey offers it all: Australia's unique wildlife, the dramatic landscapes of New Zealand, and Pacific paradise on Fijian beaches. Give back to the communities you visit with several meaningful service projects in Fiji and Australia, and get to know these amazing cultures like a local!

Check out more Service programs here!

For Older Teens

Australia for Older Teens: On this adventure Down Under designed especially for older teens, explore Australia's incredible ecosystems, from rainforests to deserts and the Great Barrier Reef! You'll also visit the vibrant cities of Cairns, Brisbane, and of course, Sydney.

Australia & New Zealand for Older Teens: Get ready to experience some of the world's most captivating natural wonders for yourself on this incredible journey through the Southern Hemisphere! From New Zealand's breathtaking mountains, glaciers, and world-class stargazing, to the Great Barrier Reef and the famous Atherton tablelands of Australia, this program exclusively for older teen travelers will leave you with an appreciation for these two Pacific cultures.

Check out more Older Teens programs here!

My personal experience is that ages ranged from 14-19, but the majority of travelers were in high school.

Bryn

Traveling Through Australia

I absolutely loved traveling with the Travel For Teens organization. They are highly knowledgable about any location that you are traveling too. Little things such as knowing which restaurants have the best dinner or knowing the locals goes such a long way. They are able to keep everyone organized and safe at all times while giving lots of freedom to enjoy your time there. They also provide two meals a day which are breakfast and dinner so the only one that you need to worry about is lunch. Everyday they would give out free time in new areas to go out on your own to try the local cuisine on your own. This was such a nice way to meet new people from the place as well as the new people you are traveling with. I have several friends from all over the world that will always be my best friends from these trips!

I recommend going alone to try and meet new people
Alaina

Best Three Weeks Ever!

In the Summer of 2018, I had the amazing opportunity of traveling to Australia and New Zealand. It was absolutely amazing. I got to do once-in-a-lifetime activities such as scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef and the Sydney Bridge Climb. These are memories that I will never forgot. for community service, we volunteered at a wallaby sanctuary. This was absolutely amazing, The wallabies were beyond cute, and they reminded me of my dog that I missed dearly. I never once imagined that I would be able to spend so much time with wallabies, and it was amazing.I had the most amazing counselors and met friends that I still keep in touch with. There was not a day that I did not love. If you have the opportunity to do this, you should, I can guarantee that you will not regret it.

Vlada

Trip of a lifetime

I visited Australia and New Zealand with TFT and words cannot explain how amazing it was. I experienced so many new things and met so many people that are now some of my close friends. There wasn’t a moment where I wasn’t smiling. The counselors were so fun and very responsible. I felt safe the entire time. Everyday was jam packed with sight seeing and thrilling experiences. One of my most memorable experiences was paragliding in New Zealand, it was so amazing. Another great experience was climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge in Australia. The view was nothing like what I had seen before.I would recommend any TFT trip to any teen who’s willing to step outside of their comfort zone and explore the world. In fact, I even plan on traveling with TFT to Thailand this summer.

Be open minded and don't be afraid to try new things and step out of your comfort zone.
Wendy

I had the best time of my life!

From paragliding in New Zealand to snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia, I had the best 21 days of my life with Travel for Teens. I will never forget looking out the window on Air New Zealand as we flew through the snow-capped mountains to land in Queenstown. The beauty of this foreshadowed the once-in-a-life time experiences I had the privilege of doing on this amazing adventure. The counselors made me feel so at home in places I’ve never been, and the friends I made gave me memories I will cherish forever. I recommend this trip to anyone who loves adventure and lives for the moment. While in Australia, we visited Cairns, Brisbane, and Sydney. We completed our service at Sheoak Ridge, which took us deep into the outback of Australia. The service portion of the trip brought our group closer together and, in my opinion, was the best part of the trip!

Alaina

Australia and New Zealand Service

This past summer, I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Australia and anew Zealand with Travel for Teens. I was nervous to go, because my group contained 17 other people going with me. However, once I got there, the people I was with made me feel at home. I made friends easily. Those people I am still in contact with. Besides the friends aspect of the trip, we did so many amazing things in these countries. My personal favorite was scuba diving at The Great Barrier Reef. Another favorite aspect of the trip was our last stop, Sydney, Australia. The city was beautiful and I had so much fun just wandering the city with my amazing new friends and my amazing counselors. I recommend this trip to anyone who is interested, you definitely will not regret going on this trip of a lifetime.

Vlada

Best trip of my life

For the summer of 2018 I traveled with TFT to New Zealand and Australia. It was probably one of the most fun and exhilarating trips I’ve ever had. I traveled solo and made so many new friends. The counselors were great and I felt safe the entire time. The whole trip was thoroughly planned out, with each excursion being a way to break out of my comfort zone and be adventurous. Every singe day I was so happy and looked forward to seeing the new bits of culture out in the beautiful countries I visited. In New Zealand, I was fortunate enough to go paragliding. The view was spectacular, I felt like I could graze over the mountain tops. The mountains looked like a photo out of a photoshopped post card. I enjoyed every second of the experience. One of the highlights for me wa the service part of the trip. We worked at Sheoak Ridge, a nature reserve in Australia. We built pathways and played with wallabies. It was so much fun and warmed my heart knowing that I was making a difference to the different animals at this reserve. Besides the fun activities during the trip, the people traveling along with me was what really made my trip with TFT so special. There were around 18 people in my travel group and each and everyone person was full of life and shared the same passion as me to travel. The friends I made are long lasting and the experiences we shared is what will bond us forever. I highly recommend traveling with TFT especially to New Zealand and Australia. I felt as if I was living my best life each and everyday. I plan on traveling with them again next year.

There is no way to improve this program. TFT is perfect!
Nataleena

Unforgettable Australia and New Zealand Experience

There are so many amazing and breathtaking moments from my Australia and New Zealand trip, we did so much from seeing the Sydney Opera House to paragliding in Queenstown. We immersed ourselves in the culture going to Aboriginal and Maori Hakas and some of us even got to join in. There was also the fulfilling volunteer work where we got to help at a nature reserve by making trails and clearing areas full of weeds. We also got to have a little fun with the animals, getting to feed the wallabies, going on bird watching tours, and a nighttime nature walk.
During our volunteer work, we camped in the Outback, some of us even slept in hammocks under the stars. At nights after a hard days work we would sit around a campfire cracking jokes, telling stories, singing songs, and playing games. We were so disconnected from technology we got to just enjoy the nature and the company of our new friends.
The counsellors were also amazing, leading us on these adventures and taking care of any of the few problems we had. There were days when things didn’t go to plan, but they made it work.
Overall, it was an unbelievable trip with unforgettable experiences, culture, volunteer work, and people.

Colleen

Australia and NewZealand Service

I will never forget the three weeks I spent in New Zealand and Australia with Travel for Teens this summer. From the moment I stepped off the plane I fell in love with New Zealand. The beauty country is just breathtaking, and all the activities we did while in New Zealand were exhilarating. After an amazing few days in NZ we were off to Australia which was just as an amazing country. The service work we did while in Australia was incredibly fulfilling. I absolutely enjoyed every aspect of the trip, from day one to twenty-one! The counselors were the best!! They were approachable, spirited, and full of fun positive energy. The other campers on the trip were awesome, and by the end of the trip we all became like a big family! I can not wait to one day return to these stunning countries!

Corinna

Immersion in Australian and New Zealand Culture

My trip to Australia and New Zealand with Travel for Teens has changed my perspective on traveling, I was not just a tourist when I visited these foreign countries but became extremely immersed in their culture, through experiences such as watching a ritualistic haka in New Zealand to camping in the Australian outback with locals. I felt at home in these countries and not out of place, which sometimes can happen when traveling. We stayed in hostels, not big chain hotels and got to meet so many locals that we could learn a lot from, such as where the best traditional places to eat were and where we should shop or visit if we had any free time (which luckily was not often because we always had some fun activity planned). Overall, I honestly had the time of my life on this trip and it really opened my eyes to truly experiencing different cultures, after I even told my Mom that this trip has showed me that I want-NEED to continue traveling to different parts of the world for the rest of my life.

This trip could be improved by having a longer stay at each city, there was a lot of quick traveling where it was hard to get settled in to each place.
Lily

Australia and New zealand!

I️ traveled with TFT to Australia and New Zealand and it was such an amazing experience from pair gliding to climbing the sydney harbor bridge we did everything! With travel for teen i️ got the unbelievable experiences of pairgliding off of a beautiful New Zealand mountain , scuba diving in the great barrier reef , going on sandboarding and climbing the sydney harbor bridge plus so much more.The consolers even helped to make it such fantastic time,they knew so much about every place we went and knew how to answer anything about Australia and New Zealand. You also got to know so much about all of the nature in Australia during the community service part of the trip, they teach you all about different plants and animals in Australia and what you can do to help the environment. This is such a phenomenal trip!

Jaden

A Life Changing Experience

Traveling to Australia with Travel for Teens was an experience I will never forget. The counselors were so engaging, the friendships I made were long lasting, the excursions we went on (snorkeling, sand boarding, bridge climbing, koala holding) were mind blowing, and the service we did at a Wildlife Hospital was incredibly fulfilling. Whether you chose to go to Australia or not, I highly recommend that every high school student travel abroad before they leave for college. It is a necessary step to leaving the nest. It's a "test flight," and I've never had a better time being "tested" in my life.

I extend the program a few extra days to build in some leisure time. All of the activities planned were incredible, but they were stacked on top of each other so there was no time in between to rest. Most of the time that was a good thing., but one or two relaxation days would have been nice to regroup.
Read my full story

Melbourne Airport
( MEL )
Brisbane Airport
( BNE )

Australia is one of the largest countries by land area, and has a wide variety of climates and regions including desert, beaches, and the outback. Where else can you visit 10,685 beaches, more than 500 national parks, and 8,222 islands in one fell swoop? Unsurprisingly, Australia is regarded as one of the most livable countries.

Alumni Interviews

About Travel For Teens

Travel For Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience. TFT's motto is...