Travel For Teens: Community Service Travel Programs

Meaningful Community Service is an important component to many of our programs. There is no better way to fully immerse yourself in another culture than to lend a helping hand in the local community! On our service trips you will not only discover the heart and essence of each community and country, but you will learn more about yourself in the process.

Now Hiring: Travelers with Youth/Education Experience!

Are you passionate about inspiring youth? Do you believe experiential education is crucial to growth and development? TFT staff have the unique opportunity to work with teens in incredible countries all around the globe. Our staff have in-depth knowledge of the destinations we visit and are proven role models and leaders. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Check out our site for more details and to submit your application today!

Tshego

Euro-Topia

My trip was a blissful experience, from the beautiful scenery to friendships that I built, I could never anticipated bonding so closely with the other travellers and leaders. We became like a little family together, we ate, laughed, learned, explored, and adventured together. From the water activities, to helping out the less fortunate, there were always opportunities to experience the finer things in life. Those memories I will hold close to my heart.

The benefits of the trip is not only. that you can service people in need, but it is also a create play to get volunteering experience that could benefit you in the future. Leaving the trip all I wanted to do was to think of opportunities to go back, or become a staff member to give teens that same amazing experience I got.

I would like more service opportunities in different countries.
Walker

Making Memories in Bali

Traveling to Bali with Travel for Teens on the Bali Ultimate Service and Adventure trip has been one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I was excited to embrace long-haul international travel and finally explore somewhere that far from my home. Like a lot of people, I was nervous about how I was going to fit in within the group. That was fear was quickly squashed and I formed some very close friendships with everyone on the trip, from other travelers to the counselors to our amazing local guides. This trip was very diverse in many ways: both in the cultures of the regions we visited, the activities that we did, and the composition of our surrounding environment.This trip had a bit of everything, which I loved! We went from cityscapes to mountains to beaches. We had valuable service opportunities, working to restore coral reefs and practicing English with local children and more. We also had adventures like white water rafting, mountainside hikes, and scuba diving. It is really difficult to answer the question “what was your favorite part of the trip” because there really wasn’t one singular event; however, a part of the trip that I found really valuable was eating dinner with the prince. Talking with him provided insight into their culture and their views. He answered our questions about Bali and we answered his about America and Canada. 21 days flew by so fast and while our group is no longer in Bali, the friendships and memories remain.

Definitely sign up for Scuba Diving optional excursion. There is options for both certified and non-certified divers. Bali has great diving and it was an amazing experience to see life under the ocean there. Highly recommend doing that, especially if you have never dived before! You might find that you love it.
Kimberly

A truly enriching experience

This was my first year traveling through TFT, and I can definitely say I will travel with them again. Greece and Italy: Island Service gave me a truly well-rounded experience. I was able to help the local community in Corfu, visit historical sights in Italy, and still have time to immerse myself in the culture around me. TFT was extremely organized, and I felt as though the counselors were people who i could really open up to and ask for life advice from. I made some of my closest friends on this trip, and we still get together even now. The accommodations were perfect- small, family-run inns and hotels, allowing me to see the countries through a traveler's eyes, not just a tourist in a resort. The trip was exactly what I had hoped, and I got to do things I'd only dreamed about. For instance, one of the optional excursions was a scuba diving trip, which has been on my bucket list since I was 10 years old. I had a truly amazing experience traveling through TFT this summer, and I hope that more people will choose to go through this company.

I would definitely recommend that future travelers utilize the group chat that TFT sets up before your trip. It will allow you to connect with your fellow campers before you meet in the airport, and hopefully will make the awkward, shy phase much shorter. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there and make friends. I'm definitely an extrovert, but making new friends is always hard. I would say that this trip allowed me to learn how to open up faster, and I'm glad I didn't waste too much time being shy. Put yourself out there!
Riley

A truly life-changing experience!

This past summer I went on the Bali Ultimate Service and Adventure trip. At first, I was hesitant to sign up for this trip as it was 10,000 miles from my home and it was 21 days long. However, once I arrived, I knew that I had made the right decision. The counselors, other campers, and I immediately all clicked and we became so close that we called ourselves a family. On top of the close relationships that I formed, the trip and all of the activities that we did were amazing. TFT did a really good job of creating a schedule that was a perfect mix of fun, service, and immersion in the culture. When asked what day or activity on the trip was my favorite, I couldn’t choose. Everyday was filled with amazing activities. Apart from the fun and adventurous activities that we did such as white water rafting, we also participated in life-changing service. One service activity that we did was tutoring children at the local schools. It was amazing to see the impact that just a couple of English classes had on those kids, it was truly a life-changing experience that I will never forget. I was able to check off Bali from my bucket list, while getting service hours, and making some of the best friends that I have ever had!

I can't think of anything that I would improve, the trip was amazing!
Emma

Amazing

This program was really great. I had a lot of fun on the trip and I loved making new friends also. The counselors are amazing. They truly care about the trips and the programs. One of my favorite parts was the volunteering. We volunteered on a little farm in the country side of Greece. They made us a completely homemade dinner and it was so amazing. Not only was the food good but putting work into what we got felt great and I hope in the future I will get more experiences like this. I have been involved with travel for teens for years and I definitely advise everyone to get involved. They always run a variety of great programs and i cannot wait to continue my involvement with the organization. I love what they’re doing and their philosophy.

Kseniya

Life Changing

I went on the Australia and New Zealand Service trip and it was life changing. I met some amazing people, which I became close with after about a day. I saw some of the most beautiful landscapes that I have ever seen. I visited the place where my favorite movie, The Lord of the Rings, was filmed and I was blown away with the beauty of it. I held a koala, fed and petted wallabies and went glamping in the outback. I interacted with the locals and most importantly, I ventured out of my comfort zone, which makes for a more interesting adventure. The counselors were amazing and helpful and despite the age difference, no one ran out of things to talk about. TFT allowed me to experience something amazing and at such a young age, I was able to travel to a whole different world.

Emma

Great experience

I went on this trip in 2018 and it was my second Tft trip. I had such a great experience with cultural immersion, trying new Foods, and meeting great people. I highly recommend this trip to people who are ready for an exciting adventure. My favorite part was trying the food. I had never had Greek food before we went to greece but now I would eat it every day if I could. Travel for teens is a great company that my family has trusted for years. And they never disappoint.

Better service opportunities.
Lily

TFT South Africa

This has been my favorite trip of my life. We were able to explore South Africa and give back to the community. This trip allowed me to go outside of my comfort zone and participate in activities I would have never done; surfing, zip lining, clif jumping and more. The service component was amazing, we were able to work with the locals and help improve their community by building a playground, we also played with the kids. This trip showed me the amazing impact service can do and how it helps people, both parties benefit from it, it’s a win win situation. TFT made my experience amazing with great staff and an enthusiastic attitude towards everything!

NA
Caroline

The best three weeks of my life!

I went on Ultimate Hawaii last summer and it was the best three weeks of my life ever! I made so many friends that I still talk to and even meet up with from time to time to this day. We did so many amazing and different things. One of my favorite things was swimming with the Manta rays and snorkeling with sea turtles. I have so many memories from this trip that I will never forget. My councilors and my CIT were super cool and always managed to keep things in order. Also, it was amazing how many great photos they were able to get of us, they had so many amazing candid shots that I love to look back on! This trip gives you the full Hawaiian experience and shows you the different personalities of every island.

Kaiti

Australia and New Zealand Service Trip

I loved my trip with Travel for Teens! I went on the Australia and New Zealand Service Trip last summer and had a blast. I feel like I learned a lot about myself and the world through this experience, going into the trip I was super nervous, it was my first time ever traveling alone and it was my first time out of the United States. Once I met up with my TFT group I knew I would be fine and enjoyed the rest of the trip. How many people can say they held a koala and pet wallabies let alone climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge and seen the Opera House?! Loved every second of my trip with TFT and would highly recommend both traveling with TFT and the Australia and New Zealand service trip!

I did not particularly enjoy the organization we worked with for the service project and I felt that some of the housing could have been better, especially the New Zealand housing. I felt a little unsafe in New Zealand due to the neighboring lodge with ours.
Abby

Bienvenidos a Perú!

I went on the Peru Service and Adventure trip last summer not knowing what to expect, and I came out of it with such a great love and appreciation for traveling and learning about different cultures. Starting from the moment we all met in the airport the TFT staff and other students were all so open and welcoming, and within a couple days I felt as though I was traveling with family. The itinerary is also so diverse and interesting that I was amazed at how much I was able to learn and take in each day! Working with other people to help the community is also something I really enjoy, and I was so glad that there was such a variety of work we were able to do (building stoves and sanding tables was never something I thought I'd be able to do within one week!). I was also able to practice my Spanish through talking to students at a school and markets in town squares, but don't worry if you don't speak spanish! My friends and I still used a ton of english to communicate! I'm so glad I am able to go on the Thailand service and adventure trip next summer to learn about and work with more people whose culture is so different from mine! I also can't wait to meet new people on my TFT trip that will become lifelong friends. No matter who you are or where you're from, TFT will bring you in and you'll become family! Thanks for an amazing trip!

Maddy

Don't look any further for the perfect travel company

Travel For Teens changed the way I look at traveling. Last summer, I stepped out of my comfort zone to travel to Peru for 19 days with a group of complete strangers. Let me just say, that was the best decision I could have made for myself. Just minutes after meeting my travel companions, we no longer felt like strangers. I could not have asked for a better group of people and counselors to travel with, and as for the trip itself, it was the experience of a lifetime. I never felt like a tourist, and every day there was something completely new for us to see. We visited towns and communities that I never would have known about if I was by myself. Additionally, the volunteer 'work' never felt like work, and it was so rewarding to see the reactions of the people we were helping. I got to improve on my Spanish by bargaining with merchants, but having knowledge of Spanish was definitely not necessary. I would give this trip a 10/10 and recommend this it to anyone who asks about this or any other TFT program.I am excited to go to Scandinavia with Travel For Teens in the upcoming summer, and can't wait to see what else TFT has in store for me.