Travel For Teens: Community Service Travel Programs

Travel For Teens: Community Service Travel Programs

Meaningful Community Service is an important component to many of our programs. There is no better way to fully immerse yourself in another culture than to lend a helping hand in the local community! On our service trips you will not only discover the heart and essence of each community and country, but you will learn more about yourself in the process.

Sicily Discovery and Service: Live with an Italian host family while you immerse yourself in the country's culture and participate in meaningful service projects.

Latin America

Costa Rica Animal Rescue Service: Gain hands-on experience working with Costa Rica's wildlife at an animal rescue center as you help feed baby monkeys and look after young sloths learning how to climb. This program is perfect for all animal lovers and those also looking to up their Spanish speaking skills!

South Africa Service, Adventure and Safari: Discover the heart of this amazing country by combining days of meaningful service projects with journeys through South Africa's major cities and awe-inspiring wilderness and game parks.

Alaska Service and Adventure: Get ready for the perfect mix of service, adventure, and exploring the last frontier on this epic Alaskan adventure! This program combines adventure activities such as hiking and whitewater rafting with meaningful service work at a wildlife conservation center along with other unique hands-on service projects.

Hawaii Sea Turtle Service and Adventure : Join us this summer as we experience the best that island life has to offer on this one in a lifetime Hawaiian adventure! Understand the true meaning of "ohana" as you connect with local people, learn about sea turtle conservation in hands-on projects to help these majestic creatures, all while enjoying plenty of fun, sun, and unique island activities!

Ultimate Hawaii: Adventure and Service: Experience all four of the main Hawaiian islands on this ultimate Hawaii program that perfectly combines adventure and service! Help local Hawaiian children, protect endangered sea turtles, and become a certified reed teacher during our unique marine biology service project! Plenty of adventure will complement these service projects as we swim in hidden waterfalls, sail alongside dolphins, take surf lessons and more on this ultimate Hawaiian adventure!

United States of America
Costa Rica
South Korea
New Zealand
South Africa
Program Categories

Australia and New Zealand Service Trip

I loved my trip with Travel for Teens! I went on the Australia and New Zealand Service Trip last summer and had a blast. I feel like I learned a lot about myself and the world through this experience, going into the trip I was super nervous, it was my first time ever traveling alone and it was my first time out of the United States. Once I met up with my TFT group I knew I would be fine and enjoyed the rest of the trip. How many people can say they held a koala and pet wallabies let alone climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge and seen the Opera House?! Loved every second of my trip with TFT and would highly recommend both traveling with TFT and the Australia and New Zealand service trip!

I did not particularly enjoy the organization we worked with for the service project and I felt that some of the housing could have been better, especially the New Zealand housing. I felt a little unsafe in New Zealand due to the neighboring lodge with ours.

Bienvenidos a Perú!

I went on the Peru Service and Adventure trip last summer not knowing what to expect, and I came out of it with such a great love and appreciation for traveling and learning about different cultures. Starting from the moment we all met in the airport the TFT staff and other students were all so open and welcoming, and within a couple days I felt as though I was traveling with family. The itinerary is also so diverse and interesting that I was amazed at how much I was able to learn and take in each day! Working with other people to help the community is also something I really enjoy, and I was so glad that there was such a variety of work we were able to do (building stoves and sanding tables was never something I thought I'd be able to do within one week!). I was also able to practice my Spanish through talking to students at a school and markets in town squares, but don't worry if you don't speak spanish! My friends and I still used a ton of english to communicate! I'm so glad I am able to go on the Thailand service and adventure trip next summer to learn about and work with more people whose culture is so different from mine! I also can't wait to meet new people on my TFT trip that will become lifelong friends. No matter who you are or where you're from, TFT will bring you in and you'll become family! Thanks for an amazing trip!

Don't look any further for the perfect travel company

Travel For Teens changed the way I look at traveling. Last summer, I stepped out of my comfort zone to travel to Peru for 19 days with a group of complete strangers. Let me just say, that was the best decision I could have made for myself. Just minutes after meeting my travel companions, we no longer felt like strangers. I could not have asked for a better group of people and counselors to travel with, and as for the trip itself, it was the experience of a lifetime. I never felt like a tourist, and every day there was something completely new for us to see. We visited towns and communities that I never would have known about if I was by myself. Additionally, the volunteer 'work' never felt like work, and it was so rewarding to see the reactions of the people we were helping. I got to improve on my Spanish by bargaining with merchants, but having knowledge of Spanish was definitely not necessary. I would give this trip a 10/10 and recommend this it to anyone who asks about this or any other TFT program.I am excited to go to Scandinavia with Travel For Teens in the upcoming summer, and can't wait to see what else TFT has in store for me.

About Travel For Teens

Travel For Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience. TFT's motto is...