Travel for Teens: Community Service Travel Programs

Travel for Teens: Community Service Travel Programs

Meaningful Community Service is an important component to many of our programs. There is no better way to fully immerse yourself in another culture than to lend a helping hand in the local community! On our service trips you will not only discover the heart and essence of each community and country, but you will learn more about yourself in the process.

Europe

• Greece and Italy Service: Island Service and Italian Adventure: Join us on a one-of-a-kind program as we travel to the island paradise of Corfu where we will participate in a variety of volunteer projects. Give back to the community while also experiencing Greek island life, enjoying the laid-back lifestyle on the Amalfi Coast, and discovering ancient history in Rome and Pompeii.
  • Italy Service and Adventure: Cinque Terre, Rome and Sorrento: Join Travel for Teens on this unique service program to the Cinque Terre (Italian for "Five Lands"), Rome, Sorrento, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast. The knowledge of our incredible guides - the result of years spent living and studying in the country - allows you to enjoy a safe overseas experience filled with abundant options.
  • Rome and Sicily Service: Live with an Italian host family while you immerse yourself in the country's culture and participate in meaningful service projects.

Latin America

• Costa Rica Adventure and Service: See more tropical wildlife in its natural habitat than you can anywhere else in the world, zip line through the jungle, go on a crocodile safari, stay in a beautiful resort on the Pacific, and work with locals on fun, meaningful volunteer projects!
  • Costa Rica Animal Rescue Service: Gain hands-on experience working with Costa Rica's wildlife at an animal rescue center as you help feed baby monkeys and look after young sloths learning how to climb. This program is perfect for all animal lovers and those also looking to up their Spanish speaking skills!
  • Peru Discovery and Service: Join us on this spectacular trip to Peru as you explore the most iconic sites of this South American gem while also participating in meaningful volunteer projects!

Asia

• China Discovery and Service: This 17 day program takes you on a unique adventure of the best that China has to offer! A service visit to help endangered pandas tops off our time in this exciting country!
  • South Korea Discovery and Service: Discover k-culture at its finest on this once in a lifetime trip to South Korea! Explore bustling neighborhoods, take in breathtaking scenery, and volunteer at a local orphanage as you experience the best of this fascinating country.
  • Thailand Elephant Service and Explorers: Volunteer at an elephant sanctuary and learn all about these beautiful animals while bathing, walking, and playing with your new pals. Experience the beauty of Northern Thailand during a rafting adventure down the Pai River and take a walk on the wild side in Mae Hong Son as you discover caves, waterfalls, and even a hill tribe village!

Australia & Fiji

• Australia and New Zealand Service: Fly across the International Dateline and arrive in the Land Down Under! Our journey to Australia & New Zealand is a perennial TFT favorite, combining adventure with cultural exploration, and major destinations with little-known gems.
  • Fiji Service and Adventure 1: On this 17 day program we will visit two spectacular island chains, spending our days snorkeling, diving, sailing, kayaking, feasting on traditional foods, meeting locals, soaking in Fijian culture, and volunteering at a Fijian school.

Africa

• South Africa Service, Adventure and Safari: Discover the heart of this amazing country by combining days of meaningful service projects with journeys through South Africa's major cities and awe-inspiring wilderness and game parks.
  • Tanzania Service, Adventure and Safari 1: Embark on the adventure of a lifetime on this amazing program that combines meaningful service projects with awe-inspiring safaris, unique cultural encounters, and some of the world's most stunning beaches. You will leave Tanzania with enough memories to last a lifetime...or until Africa calls you back for more adventures!

USA

• Alaska Service and Adventure 1: Get ready for the perfect mix of service, adventure, and exploring the last frontier on this epic Alaskan adventure! This program combines adventure activities such as hiking and whitewater rafting with meaningful service work at a wildlife conservation center along with other unique hands-on service projects.
  • Hawaii Sea Turtle Service and Adventure 1: Join us this summer as we experience the best that island life has to offer on this one in a lifetime Hawaiian adventure! Understand the true meaning of "ohana" as you connect with local people, learn about sea turtle conservation in hands-on projects to help these majestic creatures, all while enjoying plenty of fun, sun, and unique island activities!
  • Hawaii: Ultimate Adventure and Service: Experience all four of the main Hawaiian islands on this ultimate Hawaii program that perfectly combines adventure and service! Help local Hawaiian children, protect endangered sea turtles, and become a certified reed teacher during our unique marine biology service project! Plenty of adventure will complement these service projects as we swim in hidden waterfalls, sail alongside dolphins, take surf lessons and more on this ultimate Hawaiian adventure!
Europe » Greece
Program Categories

Kaiti
Montgomery, IL

Australia and New Zealand Service Trip

I loved my trip with Travel for Teens! I went on the Australia and New Zealand Service Trip last summer and had a blast. I feel like I learned a lot about myself and the world through this experience, going into the trip I was super nervous, it was my first time ever traveling alone and it was my first time out of the United States. Once I met up with my TFT group I knew I would be fine and enjoyed the rest of the trip. How many people can say they held a koala and pet wallabies let alone climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge and seen the Opera House?! Loved every second of my trip with TFT and would highly recommend both traveling with TFT and the Australia and New Zealand service trip!

I did not particularly enjoy the organization we worked with for the service project and I felt that some of the housing could have been better, especially the New Zealand housing. I felt a little unsafe in New Zealand due to the neighboring lodge with ours.

Abby
DC

Bienvenidos a Perú!

I went on the Peru Service and Adventure trip last summer not knowing what to expect, and I came out of it with such a great love and appreciation for traveling and learning about different cultures. Starting from the moment we all met in the airport the TFT staff and other students were all so open and welcoming, and within a couple days I felt as though I was traveling with family. The itinerary is also so diverse and interesting that I was amazed at how much I was able to learn and take in each day! Working with other people to help the community is also something I really enjoy, and I was so glad that there was such a variety of work we were able to do (building stoves and sanding tables was never something I thought I'd be able to do within one week!). I was also able to practice my Spanish through talking to students at a school and markets in town squares, but don't worry if you don't speak spanish! My friends and I still used a ton of english to communicate! I'm so glad I am able to go on the Thailand service and adventure trip next summer to learn about and work with more people whose culture is so different from mine! I also can't wait to meet new people on my TFT trip that will become lifelong friends. No matter who you are or where you're from, TFT will bring you in and you'll become family! Thanks for an amazing trip!

Maddy
Chappaqua

Don't look any further for the perfect travel company

Travel For Teens changed the way I look at traveling. Last summer, I stepped out of my comfort zone to travel to Peru for 19 days with a group of complete strangers. Let me just say, that was the best decision I could have made for myself. Just minutes after meeting my travel companions, we no longer felt like strangers. I could not have asked for a better group of people and counselors to travel with, and as for the trip itself, it was the experience of a lifetime. I never felt like a tourist, and every day there was something completely new for us to see. We visited towns and communities that I never would have known about if I was by myself. Additionally, the volunteer 'work' never felt like work, and it was so rewarding to see the reactions of the people we were helping. I got to improve on my Spanish by bargaining with merchants, but having knowledge of Spanish was definitely not necessary. I would give this trip a 10/10 and recommend this it to anyone who asks about this or any other TFT program.I am excited to go to Scandinavia with Travel For Teens in the upcoming summer, and can't wait to see what else TFT has in store for me.

Travel for Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience.

TFT's motto is "Teaching teens to be