ActionQuest: Summer Adventure Program in British Virgin Islands

Participants to the ActionQuest Summer Adventure Program in British Virgin Islands will have the opportunity to live aboard a sailing yacht in a small group of 12 of similar age to learn life-changing lessons, build connections and experience the confidence of succeeding as an individual and as a team. In addition, by learning introductory marine biology, water skiing, seamanship, navigation, wake boarding, windsurfing, participants also have the opportunity to earn internationally recognized certifications in sailing and scuba diving.

• Program Selection 10
  • Pre-departure Help 10
  • In-program Support 10
  • Impact on Student 9.8
Sarah

Highly recommend!

My 13 year old daughter traveled with ActionQuest summer of 2017 in the BVIs. From the first inquiry to follow-up emails at the end of the trip, the communication was extremely forthcoming, patient and professional. It was an incredible experience for her and seemless for us, her parents. She joined AQ as a self-confident young woman but came home with an even stronger sense of self and confidence, knowing that not only did she achieve what she set out to achieve (Barracuda - Advanced Diving w/3 specialties and Marine Biology) but she could survive and enjoy herself for the nearly 3 weeks in tight quarters with 14 others of different levels of maturity and motivation. What a great life lesson that she will carry with her through the rest of her life.

The Staff (counselors) onboard are incredible and so well chosen for the challenge of living with 10-12 young teenagers of varying expereince and maturity. We couldn't have been more impressed by the quality of the individuals that are chosen by ActionQuest.

This is an outstanding program and I believe that this past summer will be the first of many with AQ. I plan to register her today for summer 2018. Highly, highly recommend ActionQuest!

Overall, this program was exceptional!
Molly

AQ

I have completed two trips with ActionQuest, in the summers of 2016 and 2017. I participated in the Neptune and Rescue programs, both are part of the "dive side" of ActionQuest. Not only did I improve my diving certifications, I learned how to sail, and about the marine world. The program is run aboard a boat, meaning there is no daily routine, you sail to a new spot everyday. Each trip you sail about 250 nautical miles, and get to visit some of the most famous sites in the islands, such as the Baths and Sidney's Peace and Love.

Laurie

Perfect Summer Sailing Experience for my son

My son's experience was above and beyond our wildest expectations. He came back a confident and happy guy, very proud of having successfully faced the challenges of the trip. The counselors were top-notch - caring, capable, and fun. It was truly a life-changing experience for him.

I was very impressed with the program after initially talking to Jake on the phone. He spent a lot of time answering my questions and making me feel that the program was a good fit for my son. The staff was always helpful when I called with questions before the trip. Leah the travel agent was also very easy to work with for travel plans, and made the whole process a breeze.

My son's travel days went seamlessly. It was great that there were a few kids flying together from Boston, as he did not know anyone. These kids were very friendly right away, which was great.

While my son was away for the 3 weeks, we were treated to a creatively crafted blog posts every day - such a wonderful way to keep in touch and much appreciated. It was clear that the kids were really having a ball as we read the posts every morning.

I have never seen my kid as happy as he was when he returned. Just had a whole new air of confidence about him, and now has a whole set of goals he wants to work on - getting his sailing credentials over time, learning to scuba dive, and planning on taking a gap year to sail!

The instructors really seemed to make the trip for my son. Shannon, George, and Elise were so supportive and fun, and taught him so much. They really gave of themselves, it seemed. Also, my son really appreciated the fact that there was enough "down time" along with all of the super active time. That is really important to him. And that the kids were given a fair amount of independence when exploring on land. He felt that he was treated with respect and trust, which is so key at age 16!
He loved having time to wander around the various towns. He also loved visiting some of the historic sites, and the boat yard (I forget which island that was). It was great that there were some alternatives to the harder hikes for kids with major problems with the heat, like my son. He loves to eat, and had nothing negative to say about food - loved it all! Especially the opportunity to eat in the towns.

Overall an incredibly supportive, caring, exciting and nurturing environment was created on this trip, that gave my son a gift he will never forget!!

Honestly it was all I could have hoped for! Bravo!!
Melissa

Best Experiences!

Between the scuba diving, making new friends, watersports, and family reflections at the end of the day, I had an amazing time with my shipmates and crew. The best part of this trip was travelling somewhere new and exciting, to a place I had never been to before, and learning and experiencing what the BVIs had to offer. This experience impacted me because I had a chance to participate in something that was new to me. My favorite memory about this journey was with my shipmates and how we always gathered together during free time to hang out, play cards, swim, and talk- no one was ever left out. I encourage future participants to understand that this is an unique experience, and that they are very lucky to be sailing with ActionQuest.

Hannah

My Favorite Place

Actionquest is my favorite in every possible way. I love the people. I love how much I've grown. I love the amazing programs. I love everything about it. If you're looking for a way to grow as a person or get out of your comfort zone and experience something truly amazing, AQ is for you. The amazing staff helps everyone no matter what your background is and they make sure that every student is involved.

Nikolas

What AQ means to me

My three years at Actionquest were life changing. They earned me new friends, new skills, and revealed to me much about myself that I never knew, and that I pride myself on today! In my last program, Divemaster, my staff were incredible. The atmosphere on our boat was always fun, if hard working, but there was always a careful eye on our safety, even for us long time returners to Actionquest who were nearly running the boat ourselves. You guys at Actionquest have something Incredible going on, and if it weren't for other plans and goals in my life, I would be honored to work at ActionQuest for years, making the impacts you do, learning, teaching, and having those little, underestimated conversations with my shipmates, conversations that made such a big impact on my own life.

Lisa

Amazing adventures

My daughter had an amazing experience and took advantage of all of the opportunities that were before her. She came back with amazing life experiences and so much confidence in herself and her decisions. She has made some lifelong friends. We highly recommend this experience for all teenagers! My daughter has come back with a love for ocean, a string drive to help others and a want to return to the islands. Now that they Islands have been destroyed by the hurricane she wants to go back to help rebuild.

According to my daughter she wished the food had more fresh fruit and veggie options.
Melissa

Wonderful experience

I was admittedly hesitant about sending my 13 and 14 year olds out of the country for camp. I am so glad they joined Action Quest. They not only had a wonderful time, they learned so much about independence and resiliency and coping with challenges. Oh, and scuba and sailing, too. I I loved getting updates from the camp letting us know how everyone was doing, keeping us in the loop about their activities, although there were a few days in the beginning when info was slow to trickle in. They are very excited about the prospect of going again next year.

Max

An Amazing Program

I have been going to Action Quest for the last 5 years and I am proud to say that it has fundamentally changed my life. In no other place will you find such a warm and supporting environment where you can grow and develop as a person. The diving, staff, and students are all amazing. I remember the first time that I went to Action Quest. I was 13 years old and terrified of the ocean. However, thanks to the supportiveness of the staff and kids on my boat, I felt comfortable diving and being myself. I now have hundreds of logged dives and am a certified instructor thanks to AQ

I just wish the trips could be longer!
Marley

Beyond amazing

It was the best summer of my life. Everything was perfect. The staff, the diving, the sailing and the friendships.

The staff on my trip is what made it really special. I saw them both as teachers and friends. They helped my shipmates and I along our path of finding our happiest self.

They really helped me see that there isn't only one path in life. That I don't have to take the traditional path in life and can create my own path.

Everything was beyond my expectations. I was able to become both certified in sailing and scuba well enjoying the training at the same time.

christina

Great Program for Teens!

ActionQuest is unique. Value added. My daughter LOVES it. She learns. She experiences things I couldn't ever duplicate. I like the values/priorities of the program - very down to earth. It's well run and I feel comfortable sending her (was very nervous the first year but not after that). The best thing about ActionQuest is what it means to my daughter - to see her sooo passionate about something! The diving, the kids, the Caribbean, the sailing, the achievements and the benchmarks she strives for. She looks forward to it all year - stays so connected to the other kids. I like the way the program builds on the previous year and she comes home with certifications."

Margaux

Third Summer Still Amazing

ActionQuest is an amazing program that has really changed me as a person as I am now able to be more of myself instead of my shy self. Also the staff are all amazing and ensure that everything is running smoothly while having a ton of fun.

I was on "S/Y Pure Joy" first session and had Amelia (Meelz), Sarah, and Mike as my staff. Meelz has been an amazing role model for me ever since I first had her my first year at AQ 2 summers ago. She is an awesome instructor and friend, ensuring that everyone is having a good time. Sarah one of the nicest people I have ever met and always has a smile on her face - at the same time knows when she needs to be more strict with kids. I had Sarah last summer too and she has always been a great person to talk to. Mike is great staff member he is one of the easiest people to talk to and always has great stories to tell. He also is very good at handling kids and ensuring they stay in line. All of the staff on my boat really helped to make my session the best that is possibly could, always so excited about all the events coming that day!

Rachel

Action Quest: VEGA CARINA AND MINERVA

this was my third summer with ActionQuest and I love and enjoy the programs so much that I want others to experience them too.
On Minerva we only did 2 lifeworks forums and they were valuable and necessary in the program because people weren't getting along the best before forum but after the lifeworks forums shipmates were more understanding and kind to one another. What’s best about ActionQuest? The amazing things you do and experience and how good it feels to do them and the incredible people you meet while doing those things."

none it's awesome
Sydnei

BEST PROGRAM EVER

ActionQuest is an extremely unique place that offers amazing experiences for kids of all ages and from all over the world. It has taught me so much, not only about sailing and scuba diving, but also about myself, and going to ActionQuest has made me a much happier person. I truly enjoy lifeworks forums. I think that they bring up important topics, and often bring boats closer. They also help connect the lessons that I have learned at ActionQuest to my life outside, so that I may bring these new lessons home with me.

About ActionQuest

For more than 40 years, ActionQuest has offered outstanding water-based summer adventure programs for youth. They successfully have inspired the inherent leadership skills within thousands of young adults though hands-on learning, cooperative living...