Live on a remote Island, support a local health clinic and immerse yourself in rural Cambodian life during an extended homestay.
With SStS, you will have the chance to work shoulder-to-shoulder with our trusted NGO partner, the Cambodian Rural Development Team. As part of your work, you will support their work constructing an addition to the local community health clinic.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the ecology of the Mekong and experience Cambodian culture in a small community. You will also have the opportunity to visit Angkor Wat and swim in the Mekong River.
As part of your experience, you will learn about ethical leadership and global citizenship through SStS's unique Five Lens Curriculum. In addition, you will be immersed in a rural homestay on the island of Koh Preah.
THE SSTS DIFFERENCE:
-Small groups (10-12 students)
-Expert course instructors
-Trusted NGO partners
- Explore the rich history of Cambodia in Phnom Penh.
- Live with local families on the island of Koh Preah.
- Support construction work at a rural health clinic.
- Travel by boat along the Mekong River.
- Tour Angkor Way, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.