Travel For Teens: Travel Programs for Older Teens

We know that older teens are more independent and we have designed several trips to reflect this! All of our itineraries for these trips have been designed specifically with older teens in mind. Whether it be using a rail pass, participating in more advanced activities, or discovering more exotic destinations, each of these trips is sure to inspire wanderlust in every teenager!

Europe

Ultimate Europe for Older Teens 1: Prepare yourself for the ultimate European adventure as you explore nine different countries on this program designed especially for older teens! Immerse yourself in the exciting cultures of every destination and learn to live like a local while travelling like a pro!

Ultimate Europe for Older Teens 2: Join us on the ultimate 21-day version of our 30-day older teens program to experience the unique cultures of six amazing European countries!

Asia

Southeast Asia for Older Teens: Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia: Join us for the ultimate Southeast Asia experience on this program made just for older teens! Venture off the beaten path and experience some of the region's best hidden gems four distinctly different countries.

Latin America

Costa Rica for Older Teens: Ultimate Adventure and Service: Join us this summer as we pack in 22 days of pure adrenaline mixed with just the right amount of community service on this program designed specifically for older teens. Help local children practice their English, zipline through lush jungle canopies, and catch some waves at favorite local spots for surfing. So pack your bags and get ready to live the pura vida!

Costa Rica for Older Teens: Adventure and Service: Experience the best that Costa Rica has to offer this summer as you zipline over jungle canopies, kayak through crystal clear waters, and participate in meaningful service work with rural beach communities on this program designed especially for older teens. So pack your bags and get ready to live the pura vida!

Costa Rica for Older Teens: Adrenaline: Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime as you explore the best of Costa Rica and Nicaragua on this program designed especially for older teens. Experience jungles, beachers, and quaint villages while doing a wide variety of adrenaline-pumping activities on this exhilarating trip of a lifetime!

Cole

Ultimate Europe

l can say for a fact that this trip has changed my life. The staff from TFT managed to make me feel that safety and fun were always the number one priorities. My parents also loved this program because they always felt included in the daily emails and photos. On Ultimate Europe 30 day, l had the chance to travel through eight amazing countries along with mind-blowing excursions like paragliding in Interlaken, exploring the Swiss capital of Bern, and visiting the Neuschwastein castle in Germany. l loved the length of this trip because it allowed me to make friends and truly bond with them. l absolutely loved ultimate Europe and if your looking to go to Europe, this is definitely the trip that you should choose.

Lindsay

Croatia, Austria, Slovenia, Prague

This trip was insane and worth every penny. We always had amazing adventures planned, beautiful destinations, and delicious food. We did almost every thing imaginable: hiking, hanging out on a beach, shopping, cooking, canyoning, white water rafting, biking, exploring museums, and more! If you love going to different countries, the outdoors, and European cities, this trip is for you! I fully recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Kate

Time of my life!

I wouldn’t trade this experience with TFT for he world! i not only learned about other countries and met people abroad but made friends from all over the US that i still talk to. I had such a great time on this trip and was able to grow personally and experience things i never would have if I had not gone on the Travel for older teens: Florence, CInque Terre, Interlaken, paris. Would recommend this trip every time.

Madeline

Amazing Experience!

Having never been to 2/3 of the countries I visited, I had no idea what to expect traveling without my family to these places. Thankfully, TFT helped me immensely and allowed me to get out of my comfort zone and experience something I will never forget. I got to paraglide in Switzerland, walk through the gardens of versailles, hike the cinque Terre trails, and climb to the top of the duomo, to name a few. My counselors were fun and kind but also responsible and organized. I couldn't have asked for a better trip! I had an injury the entire time and everyone was so helpful and adaptive. I made a ton of friends as well, and we still keep in touch. I recommend this trip and any of TFT's other trips to anyone looking for adventure or to make new friends!!

Natalie

Europe for Older Teens: Greece and Italy was AMAZING

This summer I went on TFT's trip to Italy and Greece and it was by far the best two weeks of my life. I met the most amazing people, was guided by the coolest and kindest counselors, ate literally the best food in the world, and got to see parts of the world I never dreamed of. I highly recommend this trip, or any other TFT trip, to anyone willing to meet new people and do new things. It was a once in a lifetime experience.

Malli

Amsterdam, Munich, Swiss Alps, Venice

Hands down this trip was one of the best experiences of my life. I've been fortunate enough to be able to travel to many places, and this trip takes the cake. This trip, along with the other trip I went on with Travel for Teens, is so well organized. Everything is under control and feels 100% safe. I went on this trip by myself, which was a huge step for me, and I was so scared to go. But after the first day I felt beyond comfortable and the counselors on the trip made it feel like home. I felt so safe. We did so many amazing activities that I didn't even know was an option (not touristy stuff). I made such great friends on that trip! I still talk to them today and that was over a year ago. When I think about the trip my chest hurts because I miss it so much and am so grateful for the experience!

I can't think of anything they can do to improve it! Make it longer!!
female headshot
Ashley

Memories to Last a Lifetime

The summer after my senior year, I had one question: how do I make this last summer before college unforgettable? I am so glad I chose Travel for Teens to help me accomplish this goal. Our counselors were unforgettable and awe-inspiring, having not only the credentials to guide such a trip (being fluent in multiple languages and an overqualified travel background) but having the necessary interpersonal skills to make a fun, safe trip that allowed freedom. Reflecting back, this freedom, whether present in the multiple options for daily activities such as hiking, shopping, sight-seeing, etc. immensely prepared me for the college lifestyle and future travel adventures I will be completing now on my own. Each location provided new experiences and adventures, being carefully selected to provide a different facet to create a well-rounded trip. Florence allowed me to expand on my art history background through experiencing the creative environment that inspired so many of my favorite artists and writers. Cinque Terre was the picturesque, coastal town that not only provided a beach haven but allowed for more personal interactions with the locals (a part of the TFT experience that I have found nowhere else). Switzerland provided an adrenaline rush while France was the perfect blend of culture, language, and adventure. I believe Travel For Teens’ format in quickly adjusting to different environments has made me more adaptable, a trait that most of my employers have commented upon and praised. This trip allowed me to mature and grow as a person, whether it be preparing me for college or my future job opportunities. Yet, ultimately, Travel For Teens provided the adventure filled summer I craved, blending fun and learning experiences with the wonderful opportunity to meet lifelong friends and mentors that will continue to influence me for years to come.

Nothing.
Sofia

Go TFT!

This past summer, after graduating high school, I went of my first ever TFT trip, and the rest is history! I immediately fell in love with the company and have no intention of ever leaving the TFT family. It was nerve wracking going abroad for the first time, especially with a group of strangers, but by the end of the two weeks I didn't want to board that plane going home! The two weeks I was abroad with TFT were the best few weeks of my life hands down. I met life long friends, done things I never thought I would. It was beyond a humbling experience. The cultural immersion, the independence, custom itineraries, and everything else truly gives the atmosphere of travelers not tourist groups. I can't speak highly enough about them. If you're thinking about going abroad, go TFT! You absolutely will not regret it!

It's perfect!
Megan

Great Stepping Stone

This was my first time traveling without my parents in a different country. Through this program I as I was able to travel with other people as well as being able to go off by myself (with permission of course) and got to experience the culture Switzerland, Italy and France had. I met up with the group in Germany so I was a little late to everything. However, right when I got there I knew immediately that it was going to be a great trip. I sat down and immediately started talking to people. I went into this trip knowing now one and I came out with 25 new friends from all over the United States. It made me into the person I am today. It also gave me the travel bug even more then before. Going on this trip allowed us to see different cultures from around the world. While experiencing different cultures it made me not want to go back because of how well TFT put us deep in the culture of the place we were visiting. Through Travel For Teens, they have made me into the person I have always stride to be whether that be improving me leadership skills or my social skills. Travel for Teens is a great stepping stone to starting to travel by yourself in the future.

Everything was cramped into so little of time. We went to so many amazing places but we did a lot of the famous stuff in one day. We didn't need to go to Versailles as well as the Louvre in one day. If it was spread out over two days that would've been so much better.
Matthew

Amazing Trip

I had a great time on the older teen trip to Prague, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia. It truly is an eye opening experience for someone who does not travel often. You are surrounded by a whole new culture and beautiful surroundings. The trip itself is packed with exciting activities, like exploring ice caves and zip-lining. The sights are stunning too. My favorite view was from the Eagle's Nest in Germany. The councilors were amazing and often at times felt like friends during the trip. it was unique for me because this was my first time in Europe so I soaked it all in. I made quality friendships with fellow teens and we still keep in touch even though we live in different states and countries. Overall this was a phenomenal experience for me and I would definitely recommend it.

Evans

An AMAZING trip!

This past summer, I did the Older Teens trip that went to Florence, Cinque Terre, Switzerland, and Paris. This was absolutely the best trip I have ever been on. The experiences and memories that I made are endless, and the friends I made on this trip are still in contact today. In all of the cities, the staff was always prepared, and made sure that everyone was happy and having a good time. The accommodations we were housed in were always clean, and I never felt unsafe. My favorite memory overall of this trip was paragliding in Switzerland. This opportunity was unreal, and we got to see the city of Interlake from a completely different view! The fact that this was an Older Teens Trip was also good, because the staff gave us more freedom, and we were able to experience the different cities on our own! Overall, this trip was amazing and I highly recommend it.

Haley

Best Price, Fun, Experience

I went on an older teens trip to Costa Rica with Travel For Teens. The action packed trip included rappelling down the side of a waterfall, hiking to a beautiful volcano, white water rafting, shopping, surfing, snorkeling, and more! The environment was great because I was surrounded by people my own age. It was one of the greatest learning experiences ever, and I made some lifelong friends along the way!

One of the counselors treated us (mostly 17-18 year olds) as if we were inexperienced 12 year old travelers. Although it's good to be safe, it was a little much for this trip.
Emily

Unbelievable Experience

Travel for Teens has really helped me develop into the person that I want to be. This summer, I will be going on my 5th trip with them, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else. Last summer I went on the Europe for Older Teens 2 trip to Florence, Cinque Terre, Interlaken, and Paris. I could go on for hours and hours about the amazing experiences that I was opened to, such as paragliding in the Swiss Alps and climbing the 414 step tower next to the Duomo, but really the best part (in my opinion) was the friends that I made. I go on these trips without previously knowing anybody. It is pretty intimidating being at the airport with a group of strangers who you will be spending every moment with for the next 10 days, but honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way. These kids do not know the person I am in school or at home, they just know me for who I am in that moment, the person I want to be. I find that sometimes, I feel closer to these kids than I do with my school friends, who I have known for more than 5 years! I recommend Travel For Teens to literally everyone I can. I wrote my college essay about the company and my experiences overseas and I definitely could not imagine my life without travel.

Honestly I can't think of anything :)

About Travel For Teens

Travel For Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience.

TFT's motto is...