Travel For Teens: Travel Programs for Older Teens

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Travel For Teens has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre, Italy
Interlaken, Switzerland
Interlaken, Switzerland
This was taken after our hike in Cinque Terre

We know that older teens are more independent and we have designed several trips to reflect this! All of our itineraries for these trips have been designed specifically with older teens in mind. Whether it be using a rail pass, participating in more advanced activities, or discovering more exotic destinations, each of these trips is sure to inspire wanderlust in every teenager!

Now Hiring: Travelers with Youth/Education Experience!

Are you passionate about inspiring youth? Do you believe experiential education is crucial to growth and development? TFT staff have the unique opportunity to work with teens in incredible countries all around the globe. Our staff have in-depth knowledge of the destinations we visit and are proven role models and leaders. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Check out our site for more details and to submit your application today!

Mary
No, I don't recommend this program

Older Teens: Alaska

I had a great time on my trip to Alaska and met some amazing people who I still keep in touch with. However, I do have a few complaints. My counselors seems very uneducated on my medical disability and put me in danger a couple of times. The trip did not seem well put together or thought out. There were too many changes while we were on the trip. They were not going by the itinerary at all and this was very aggravating. I loved the trip and had a blast however my trip to Costa Rica last summer with a different company was a lot better planned and I felt 100% safer than I did in Alaska. I even had an incident in Costa Rica where I got sick and they handled it well. In Alaska, none of my three counselors seemed to know anything and left me feeling very alone in that aspect. I wish they knew more and I would’ve felt safer.

I would like to see the staff be better trained. My trip was amazing; however, I have a medical disability that my counselors did not seem very educated on and made me feel less safe. I had one encounter that I could have possibly sued over if I didn’t fight for what I needed so I wish they were more understanding and helpful! I would be cautious if you have a medical disability when going on these trips. I went to Costa Rica the summer before and had wonderful staff but this was with a different company.
Kendall

Two unforgettable weeks

When I decided I wanted to travel last summer, I looked at quite a few websites before I finally found TFT. I knew immediately that they were the company I wanted to spend my summer with because they had such a variety of intriguing options. The trip that really piqued my interest was the Europe for Older Teens: Prague, Austria, Slovenia & Croatia, and my experience with TFT ended up being two of the best weeks of my life! The activities were a perfect mix of history, culture, and free time to get to know all of the amazing people this tour allowed me to meet. Whether it was the locals, counselors, or other campers, I so enjoyed spending time with and interacting with them all! From wandering around the magical streets of Prague, gorging on pastries (and just food in general) in Vienna, indulging in the splendor of nature in Bled, and having my breath taken away by the charm of the Adriatic, every day was a treat. My summer with Travel for Teens was unforgettable, and I look forward to seeing even more of the world with them in the future!

I reccomend embracing your time on the trip, try not to be frightened by the unfamiliar, and make as many friends as possible, because the time flies by.
Allison

Best Summer Ever

Traveling with TFT was a life-changing experience for me. I was a very shy person and not very outgoing before I went on my trip to Europe. I was very nervous that I wouldn't fit in and the next month was going to be hard. In the end, it was the exact opposite. I made so many friends that I was sad to leave. The counselors made it easy to communicate with everyone so we were all really great friends. I would recommend TFT to anyone who is looking to step out of their comfort zone and travel. The activities we did were amazing. Although there was a tight schedule to make sure we got the most out of our trip, there was always free time at night where we could just wander and explore. Overall it was a life-changing experience that I will never forget!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
We got to go on several dinner cruises and those were my favorite. We all got to dress up fancy and eat dinner on the ocean!
Christina

Amazing

This past summer I got to travel through Europe. We started in Florence where we explored magnificent art museums and got a feel for the Italian city life. Next we hopped on the train to Monterosso. Here we hiked the Amafi Coast and got to make our own pesto. Our next stop was Interlaken, Switzerland where we got an adrenaline with paragliding. We also filled up on fondue and chocolate! Our adventure ended in Paris, France. We got a beautiful view of the city from the top of the Eiffel Tower. For dinner I tried escargot and rabbit! One day we got to tour the city via bike and even got to see the Mona Lisa up close! This trip has been such an amazing experience and I have made life long friends. If I had the chance to do it again I would. Thank you Travel for Teens!

Don’t be afraid to try new things. Because of this trip I was able to break out of my comfort zone. I got to try new foods, meet new people, and try things I never thought I’d have the chance to . This allowed me to grow and help me figure out who I really am.
Sierra

Best Graduation Trip EVER!

My experience traveling with TFT was nothing but extraordinary. In the summer of 2017 I set off, by myself for the first time, to travel abroad in Europe. Not only did Travel for Teens place me in a group with amazing people that I grew to be very close with, but I was guided through this trip with knowledgeable group leaders who cared about giving us the best experience possible. Through TFT I was able to visit the countries of Italy, Switzerland, and Paris. Each day was jam packed full of different activities including museums, hiking, eating delicious local cuisine, and creating new relationships with my group. My leaders, Taylor and Holden, knew facts regarding each area we ventured to, which made the trip so much more interesting and thoughtful. My favorite part about this trip, and the TFT company as a whole, was that travel, accommodation, and each experience was local and unique. We never loaded onto a tour bus, did not wait in long lines, stand in big crowds, or follow someone with a giant sign to each destination. Travel for Teens was personal, giving chief importance to an authentic experience abroad. I felt so secure with my team throughout the whole trip, with each activity being very well researched and planned, so there was never any confusion or worry. It was through this safe environment I was able to experience the true beauty of travel, which has inspired me to go out of my comfort zone, not to be timid, but to run towards any new opportunity in my life with an open mind!

This is an experience to truly let go and live in the moment. Travel for teens helped me to feel independent and confident in myself. Immerse yourself in whatever place you travel to, try everything you can, and cherish every moment. Leave your worries and stress at the door and just LIVE!
Gwendolyn

Florence, France and Fondue - A Trip to Savor

My experience going on an adventure with Travel For Teens was incredible and unforgettable. Last summer, I went on the two week trip to Florence, Cinque Terre, Switzerland and Paris with Older Teens. My trip had a rough start, since I did not go on the group flight, and my flight missed a connection in Portugal. I was scared that I would be missing out on activities and that it would be difficult to make friends if I joined the trip after it started. It was such a relief when I finally arrived in Florence and was greeted by my counselor Mike at the airport. He made me feel comfortable right away. It turned out that multiple people on my trip had problems with flights and TFT was able to keep track of everyone and collect them one by one from the airport. Once I got over the sleep deprivation from the long overnight flight, all of my worries went away and I had the best time travelling around Europe with people from all over the country, none of whom I had met before yet all of whom I became friends with. From Italy to Switzerland to France, we saw all of the famous sites and tried all of the amazing food. Just a few of the memorable experiences included learning how to make delicious homemade pesto in Cinque Terre, sampling fondue in Interlaken, paragliding through the Alps, and climbing up the Eiffel Tower in Paris. I must have taken over two thousand pictures over the span of the trip, and I look at them all the time to keep the memories of the trip intact and to put a smile on my face. I had the best summer of my life, and I couldn’t have done it without TFT.

Evie

What a trip!

I had the amazing opportunity to travel on the Europe for Older Teens trip to Amsterdam, Munich, Switzerland, and Venice with TFT in the summer of 2018 and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had! My amazing counselors were so welcoming and inclusive to not only me, but all the campers. Everyone I met on the trip was so nice and friendly, and I will never forget the great times I had with them. I was a little nervous to go on the trip at first, but after just one day on the trip I knew I made the right choice! TFT programs are great because the counselors give you that independence you want, while also keeping everyone safe! That trip was one I will never forget, the memories I made with awesome people is priceless. Thank you TFT!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
One of the most nerve-racking moments for me on this trip, and even in my life, was when we went canyoning in Switzerland, and we had to zip line over the water! I was so scared to do it because it was a really big drop! However, I reminded myself that I'm on a trip of a lifetime and I would probably never get the opportunity to do this again! So I did it, and it was so fun! Try new things!
Sarah

Best Experience of My Life

The summer before I left for college, I went on the Europe for Older Teens: Florence, Cinque Terre, Switzerland and Paris and it was hands down the best experience of my life. The trip not only prepared me for living on my own in college, but it changed me for the better, as I became much more confident and sure of myself. With the itinerary that was provided, I was able to push myself out of my comfort zone whether it was paragliding over the Swiss Alps, jumping off cliffs into a canyon, trying new foods (snails are surprisingly delicious!), and meeting and talking to new people. I made some of my best friends on this trip who I continue to talk to to this day despite us being thousands of miles apart. I would recommend any Travel for Teens trips to kids of any age, but I would especially recommend it to older teens about to leave for college as it not only helps you adjust to living on your own, but it builds up the confidence necessary to thrive in college. I am so grateful for being able to go on a TFT trip as it completely changed my life for the better.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I have an extreme fear of heights but I decided that I wanted to take part in paragliding in Switzerland which essentially involves you running off a hill and flying thousands of feet in the air above the city of Interlaken. I was freaking out in the bus ride up the mountain but once we took off and were in the air, I was overcome with emotion with not only the beauty of the landscape around me but how proud I was for pushing myself out of my comfort zone and being able to overcome my fear of heights.