Travel For Teens: Travel Programs for Older Teens

Florence
Paris
Paris
This was taken after our hike in Cinque Terre

We know that older teens are more independent and we have designed several trips to reflect this! All of our itineraries for these trips have been designed specifically with older teens in mind. Whether it be using a rail pass, participating in more advanced activities, or discovering more exotic destinations, each of these trips is sure to inspire wanderlust in every teenager!

Europe

Ultimate Europe for Older Teens 1: Prepare yourself for the ultimate European adventure as you explore nine different countries on this program designed especially for older teens! Immerse yourself in the exciting cultures of every destination and learn to live like a local while travelling like a pro!

Ultimate Europe for Older Teens 2: Join us on the ultimate 21-day version of our 30-day older teens program to experience the unique cultures of six amazing European countries!

Asia

Southeast Asia for Older Teens: Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia: Join us for the ultimate Southeast Asia experience on this program made just for older teens! Venture off the beaten path and experience some of the region's best hidden gems four distinctly different countries.

Latin America

Costa Rica for Older Teens: Ultimate Adventure and Service: Join us this summer as we pack in 22 days of pure adrenaline mixed with just the right amount of community service on this program designed specifically for older teens. Help local children practice their English, zipline through lush jungle canopies, and catch some waves at favorite local spots for surfing. So pack your bags and get ready to live the pura vida!

Costa Rica for Older Teens: Adventure and Service: Experience the best that Costa Rica has to offer this summer as you zipline over jungle canopies, kayak through crystal clear waters, and participate in meaningful service work with rural beach communities on this program designed especially for older teens. So pack your bags and get ready to live the pura vida!

Costa Rica for Older Teens: Adrenaline: Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime as you explore the best of Costa Rica and Nicaragua on this program designed especially for older teens. Experience jungles, beachers, and quaint villages while doing a wide variety of adrenaline-pumping activities on this exhilarating trip of a lifetime!

Now Hiring: Travelers with Youth/Education Experience!

Are you passionate about inspiring youth? Do you believe experiential education is crucial to growth and development? TFT staff have the unique opportunity to work with teens in incredible countries all around the globe. Our staff have in-depth knowledge of the destinations we visit and are proven role models and leaders. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Check out our site for more details and to submit your application today!

Allison

Best Experience of my Life

I have been so fortunate to experience two unbelievable Travel for Teens: Older Teens trips. I was able to go on the Travel for Teens: Florence, Cinque Terre, Switzerland, and Paris the summer of 2018. Also I went on the Travel for Teens: Prague, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia trip summer of 2019. I have visited destinations in Europe that were so beautiful that words cannot describe it. Through these trips I have gained many stories that I look forward to sharing, I have gained confidence in myself to be independent, and I have tasted food that can only be dreamt about. I was able to go paragliding through the Swiss Alps, go canyoning in Slovenia, island hopping in Croatia, visit the Louvre, and climb the Eiffel Tower. The opportunities that were provided through TFT were amazing and I would recommend any of their trips because you will have a once in a lifetime experience.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Whenever I was in Paris, the leaders order snails for all of us to try. At first I was very nervous, but I tried them and they were actually really good. I would definitely order them again!!
Maxwell

I had the time of my life

Before the trip, I had reservations that the program might be too pre-planned, coddled, or inflexible, especially with a group of 21 kids. After going to 4 different towns and cities, I have to say that I had the time of my life. Ryan is a very understanding and flexible trip director who works his hardest to fufill any individual wishes we might have, on the itinerary or not. Though he is very accommodating, he is certainly not a pushover either and keeps us feeling safe and secure no matter what. What really touched me was how much effort he took to get to know every individual on the trip and it was obvious to us as campers that he wanted nothing more than to provide the best possible experience for us during our time with him. Whether we were interested in scenery, socializing, food, thrills, or anything else, he made sure that we got what we wanted and that everyone’s interests were accommodated. I had the time of my life and by the time the trip was over, I felt that I had no regrets about my time at each city and felt that the trip left no stones unturned in any leg of the trip.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The Cinque Terre, is a group of five towns perched on the dramatic coastline of Italy. I hiked around 15 miles in a day and explored these five towns.

Lindsay

Trip of a Lifetime

I participated in the Europe for Older Teens: Florence, Cinque Terre, Interlaken, and Paris trip. This trip was easily one of the best weeks of my life. The trip is well balanced with sight seeing, shopping, relaxing at the beach, hiking, eating, and more. The staff is amazing! They make the trip extra fun and are great to be around. They are approachable, relatable, and really care about everyone on the trip. Every city was different and the trip does a great job of getting to see as much as the city has to offer in a short time. The food is amazing and I got to try different foods unique to each city. I loved that we were able to explore on our own time while the staff was near by and easy to contact if we needed them. I made amazing friends I still talk to and memories I will never forget.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
There was an optional excursion to go paragliding in the Swiss Alps. I was the first to go out of the group; they told me just to start running off the cliff. I was terrified but it was the craziest and most amazing moment I will never forget.
Cedar

Europe for Older Teens: Italy Switzerland Paris

The chance to experience all these beautiful places with great friends and counselors is so unique. I am grateful to have discovered Travel For Teens after graduating high school. It was my dream as a senior to go abroad and this trip answered all my prayers. Thank you so much for helping me step outside my comfort zone and get to see parts of the world I had only dreamed of, if only for two weeks! At first it can seem a little unusual, but once you start talking to other people in the group, you realize they are just like you. You start to make connections that form on their own because you see there are other teens who share your interests and help you adjust. The staff know just what to do and where to go. It was the time of my life, I loved it and feel inspired by the wonderful gift of traveling with TFT.

It was perfect, there is not one thing I think could be improved.
Alayna

TFT: My life changing experience

In the summer of 2018 I went on Travel for Teens’ “Europe for Older Teens: Florence, Cinque-Terre, Switzerland, and Paris” AND “Europe for Older Teens: Amsterdam, Munich, Swiss Alps, and Venice.” I can very honestly say that it was the best summer experience of my entire life thanks. I set out with the simple intention of being more well traveled and hopefully making a couple new friends, and that I certainly did. I couldn’t believe it! I actually made connections with people that I truly feel are going to last a lifetime. I’ve met up with friends I met over the summer since then and I carry the memories of those trips with me everyday. I would recommend those two trips especially because I felt as though I saw a good spread of Europe. Those are also some of the most historically fascinating destinations in the world, not to mention the food (nothing quite like Gelato in Florence). Switzerland is probably my new favorite place in the world and I absolutely can not wait to return to the karaoke nights and basking in the beautiful mountain range view from the balcony. If you have the opportunity to travel with TFT...take it! I will never forget my experience:)
Alayna Donovan
Kansas

This program was spectacular and needs very little improvement. I’d just say to keep the travelers updated on the plans and activities
Jessica

Best trip of my life!

Last summer I went to Amsterdam, Munich, Swiss Alps, and Venice with Travel for Teens! This was my second trip with Travel for Teens and I was just as amazed by this one! The councilors are so knowledgeable when it comes to travel and made everything so much easier, especially for teens leaving the country for the first time. It's always scary to travel without anyone you know, but the councilors make everyone so comfortable with each other and you end up leaving trips with lasting friendships. Through my TFT trip, I was able to see so many different parts of Europe that I never thought would be possible in one trip. I tried different foods from every culture and interacted with locals. On TFT trips, you see the major landmarks in each city, but also the smaller, locally loved hidden gems. I always come back from my TFT trips with too many incredible stories. My tips would be to pack lightly and have a lighter suitcase! On my trip we were on the train A LOT and we had quick transfers. Suitcases are much easier to carry and store in train cubbies if they're smaller! There's also time to do laundry. My trip had such memorable activities like jumping into canyons of the Alps and seeing the Anne Frank house. Traveling with TFT showed me how valuable travel is and I hope to continue with studying abroad or working for TFT!

The only thing is that we didn't always have freedom to do everything we wanted because it was such a big group and we were pressed for time a lot. The trip is mostly customizable though because they want you to be able to do what you want when you're the one paying!
Jayden

Trip of a lifetime!

When I was first offered to go on a trip with Travel For Teens I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it so much because I was going to be the oldest person on the trip, but I'm am so glad I decided to go. I chose to go on the Hawaii Sea Turtle Service & Adventure trip and it was absolutely amazing. It has always been one of my dreams to go to Hawaii and Travel For Teens made my dream come true. On the trip I was able to try scuba diving for the first time and I loved it! I also got to swim with sea turtles which was fantastic. One of the coolest things about the trip was getting to learn more about sea turtles and how we can help them survive in the wild. The staff was amazing and were great to hang out with and talk to. Travel For Teens Helped me face my fears and learn that there is a beautiful world out there. I would recommend Travel For teens to anyone that is trying to give there child the trip of a lifetime.

I wouldn't change anything about this program if I could.
Meagan

Great Trip, Better Program!

This past summer, I had the ability to travel with Travel for Teens to the beautiful countries and cities of Prague, Vienna, Slovenia and Croatia. The experiences I had while on this trip is one I will never forget. From meeting friends that will last a lifetime to seeing sights unimaginable, my entire trip was beyond amazing. From a biking tour through the beautiful city of Prague, to seeing breathtaking castles in Vienna, and swimming in the clearest water in Slovenia, the adventures and sights I saw while on this trip were ones that will forever be some of the most beautiful places I have seen. The counselors were great in helping us learn about the culture and making us feel like travelers, not tourists. I wish I could do this trip again.

Sydney

'Europe for Older Teens: Amsterdam, Munich, Swiss Alps & Venice' is the trip to go on!

In July 2018, I was given the opportunity of a lifetime: to travel across Europe with amazing kids my age and outstanding councillors. This trip showed me beautiful parts of the world I longed to see since I was a little girl. Not only were the people, accommodations and food incredible, but also the activities. Like canyoning down a mountain side in the middle of the Swiss alps, paddle boating in the canals of Amsterdam and riding my bike on a beautiful trail just at the foot of the Neuschwanstein castle to a lake where we could swim to the middle and be facing the German hillside with 2 beautiful castles. Going on this trip, I can now tell my friends that I’ve traveled across Europe and I’m not even done high school yet. It was truly an incredible experience and I would totally recommend it for any teenagers aspiring to travel.

Muskan

Best trip through Europe ever!

The Travel for Teens trip to Florence, Cinque Terre, Switzerland and Paris was the best experience of my life! The itinerary for each location was full of amazing activities and excursions that helped me experience the culture of each city like a local. The counselors made sure we always felt safe, but gave us freedom to explore on our own. There is nothing I would change about my two weeks in Europe as they were the best of my life! Thank you Travel for Teens for some unforgettable memories.

Cole

Ultimate Europe

l can say for a fact that this trip has changed my life. The staff from TFT managed to make me feel that safety and fun were always the number one priorities. My parents also loved this program because they always felt included in the daily emails and photos. On Ultimate Europe 30 day, l had the chance to travel through eight amazing countries along with mind-blowing excursions like paragliding in Interlaken, exploring the Swiss capital of Bern, and visiting the Neuschwastein castle in Germany. l loved the length of this trip because it allowed me to make friends and truly bond with them. l absolutely loved ultimate Europe and if your looking to go to Europe, this is definitely the trip that you should choose.

Lindsay

Croatia, Austria, Slovenia, Prague

This trip was insane and worth every penny. We always had amazing adventures planned, beautiful destinations, and delicious food. We did almost every thing imaginable: hiking, hanging out on a beach, shopping, cooking, canyoning, white water rafting, biking, exploring museums, and more! If you love going to different countries, the outdoors, and European cities, this trip is for you! I fully recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Kate

Time of my life!

I wouldn’t trade this experience with TFT for he world! i not only learned about other countries and met people abroad but made friends from all over the US that i still talk to. I had such a great time on this trip and was able to grow personally and experience things i never would have if I had not gone on the Travel for older teens: Florence, CInque Terre, Interlaken, paris. Would recommend this trip every time.

Madeline

Amazing Experience!

Having never been to 2/3 of the countries I visited, I had no idea what to expect traveling without my family to these places. Thankfully, TFT helped me immensely and allowed me to get out of my comfort zone and experience something I will never forget. I got to paraglide in Switzerland, walk through the gardens of versailles, hike the cinque Terre trails, and climb to the top of the duomo, to name a few. My counselors were fun and kind but also responsible and organized. I couldn't have asked for a better trip! I had an injury the entire time and everyone was so helpful and adaptive. I made a ton of friends as well, and we still keep in touch. I recommend this trip and any of TFT's other trips to anyone looking for adventure or to make new friends!!

Natalie

Europe for Older Teens: Greece and Italy was AMAZING

This summer I went on TFT's trip to Italy and Greece and it was by far the best two weeks of my life. I met the most amazing people, was guided by the coolest and kindest counselors, ate literally the best food in the world, and got to see parts of the world I never dreamed of. I highly recommend this trip, or any other TFT trip, to anyone willing to meet new people and do new things. It was a once in a lifetime experience.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About Travel For Teens

Travel For Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience. TFT's motto is...