Travel For Teens: China

Volunteer at a panda sanctuary in China!
Volunteer at a panda sanctuary in China!

Discover the wonders of ancient and modern China with Travel for Teens. Ancient civilization fuses with high-tech modernity in today’s China, and the time to experience this incredible transformation is right now. Visit Shaolin monks who practice kung fu, commune with endangered Pandas in Chengdu, walk the Great Wall, and so much more. Our China trip is led by our director who not only lived and studied in China for four years, but also speaks fluent Mandarin. Your authentic Chinese experience awaits!

Now Hiring: Travelers with Youth/Education Experience!

Are you passionate about inspiring youth? Do you believe experiential education is crucial to growth and development? TFT staff have the unique opportunity to work with teens in incredible countries all around the globe. Our staff have in-depth knowledge of the destinations we visit and are proven role models and leaders. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Check out our site for more details and to submit your application today!

Stephanie

The Trip of a Lifetime

Over the summer I went on the TFT China: Mandarin Language Immersion Program. This was my first time going on a TFT trip and I can say that it was such an amazing experience. This trip challenged me to go out of my comfort zones. I met so many people and made so many unforgettable memories. The counselors were so much fun and understanding. They did their best to make sure everyone found something to enjoy from all of the different attractions. Each day was filled with activities that allowed us to learn about the Chinese culture and lifestyle. On this trip I was able to do things I never thought I would be able to do. One of the best parts of this trip was volunteering at the Panda Center. We cleaned out the panda cages, broke large sticks of bamboo, and even got to feed the pandas. Every day our local tour guide took us to local restaurants that serve the city’s specialty dishes. The food was so delicious. Though this trip was 17 days, it felt like the fastest 17 days of my life. I made friends from all over the US and we all became very close. Choosing to go on this TFT trips was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

This trip was so amazing, I would not change a single thing.
Olivia

Warrior, the Wall, and Pandas of Course!

I never thought I'd have the opportunity to go to China until I saw the trip posted on TFT. I was so excited because I had gone to Southeast Asia last year with the company and had a blast. I love learning and understanding the history behind the places so China was the perfect place for me. I was able to see the terracotta warriors, the Great Wall of China, and even work with amazing, and cuddly, giant pandas. I had never seen a panda before and they are truly incredible animals and something I will never forget! One of my favorite parts was going to help a local farmer. After a long days work, they provided us with our own dumpling making class and a delicious meal. I'm so glad I had the chance to explore China and I cannot wait to go back!