View Other Details
Language in China has always been a dynamic and powerful force. As we enter a contemporary reality of emerging powers and dominant cultural influence, the voice of this great country speaks louder than ever before. Dragons’ Mandarin Language Intensive is designed to help students find their own voice, offering comprehensive instruction through formal language classes, home-stays and independent study projects (ISPs).
Chinese Language-Intensive summer program, we expertly combine in-depth and rigorous language study with out-of-the-classroom experiences. Our Mandarin-speaking instructors offer precise, relevant language guidance while also providing a vision that encompasses the broad scope of this course’s ultimate goals of cultural and personal discovery.
4 and 6 week options available.
- Learn and improve Chinese-language skills through classes, interactions with homestay families, and meetings with local mentors
- 10-day homestay in Kunming, cultural center of Yunnan Province, 10-day village homestay in Lashihai with Naxi ethnic minority community.
- Language and culture, ancient, imperial and modern history, political studies, development of market economy, gender and race studies.
- Minority issues and status, socio-economic issues, health, land-use and environment, tourism, cultural survival.
- Experience life in two very different communities, one urban, one rural
Where There Be Dragons Financial Aid & 529 Funds
Where There Be Dragons offers need-based financial aid to students that demonstrate reasonable financial need and are excited to engage with communities around the world.