• Costa Rica

Spanish
Age Max

Pricing

Airport pickup upon arrival
Host family accommodation and 2 meals (semester or academic year) or 3 meals (trimester or summer) per day
Comprehensive medical/accident insurance
Arrival Orientation in San Jose
Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of the program for use on college applications.

Semester and Academic Year lengths includes all of the above, and:
2 weeks (semester) or 3 weeks (academic year) of Spanish classes (20 hours/week)
1 full weekend excursion
1 half-day excursion
Tuition in a Santa Ines High school in Heredia
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Meals
Jan 20, 2022
Mar 10, 2017
7 travelers are looking at this program

Studying abroad in Costa Rica gives you the chance to have the adventure of a lifetime while learning Spanish during a trimester, semester or academic year abroad. High school students will be fully immersed in a local high school, and live with a host family for a truly authentic cultural experience.

Teens will have a chance to participate in excursions and various activities to further explore the country and culture during their study abroad program.

Program Highlights

• You can choose between trimester, semester or academic year lengths
  • No previous Spanish language experience required — beginners welcome!
  • Host family accommodation and meals included in the program
  • Online application process makes it easy to get started
  • Personal program manager for every student to help before, during and after your program

• 5 rating 0%
  • 4 rating 100%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Rachael

10 Months Abroad in Costa Rica with Greenheart Travel

As I come to the end of my ten months abroad in Costa Rica, I cannot help but reflect on how transformative and eye-opening my experience here has been. Not only has my High School Year Abroad with Greenheart Travel helped me learn Spanish as a second language, but it has also exposed me to different lifestyles and customs. I have become more familiar with myself, as well as how I can use my new awareness of other cultures to work towards what I want for myself and the world around me. Through living with a host family, attending school in a small, coffee-farming town, developing friendships with local students, traveling with other exchange students from all over the world, and publishing monthly travel articles on the Greenheart Travel website, I have gained entirely new perspectives and experiences. Studying abroad has given me the opportunity to change the way I see myself and everything around me, and that it a gift that I will cherish and benefit from for the rest of my life.

Although Greenheart Travel provides great support while abroad, the organization may not be the same in your host country. None of the other exchange students or I were informed that Greenheart is partnered with another organization in Costa Rica, and this made it slightly confusing when we were given different rules and contacts upon arrival. It is not a big deal after settling into the host country, but it could be helpful if students / volunteers going abroad were aware prior to departure.
Read my full story