Spend time in UNESCO World Heritage Sites around Santo Domingo then live in a welcoming host village. Take excursions to visit the breathtaking mountains of the Cordillera Central and the crystal clear waters of the Samana Peninsula. Work together with local friends on a variety of projects including all aspects of small-scale building, local agriculture, and English classes for local kids. During downtime, enjoy authentic Dominican pastimes by joining pickup baseball games, learning the steps to the popular bachata dance, or perfecting your domino skills.
- Learn about Dominican history in the colonial city of Santo Domingo
- Work together with local friends on a variety of community projects
- Ride horseback and whitewater raft in the lush and rugged Cordillera Central mountains
- Camp under the stars and swim in turquoise waters on a white-sand beach
- Take an overnight trip to pristine Samana Peninsula and snorkel in Los Haitises National Park