VISIONS: Dominican Republic High School Service Program

Making friends at a VISIONS worksite
Making friends at a VISIONS worksite
Beach group photo
Beach group photo

Join our efforts in Santo Domingo to organize a summer camp for kids from the poorest neighborhoods and build much-needed schools for them!

Aside of giving some of your time to these children, you'll be able to spend your off-hours in classic Caribbean styled activities—socializing, dancing, laughing, telling stories, speaking Spanish and watching baseball with new friends.

Finally, what a better way to complement this experience with excursions to the Zona Colonial, artisan markets, beaches, caves and the majestic Dominican Alps!

• Spanish immersion.
  • Explore the Dominican Alps.
  • Latin dancing with locals.
  • Stunning beaches.
  • Visit the first UNESCO World Heritage Site.

10% Discount on Select Programs Until the New Year

Programs are filled on a first-come, first-served basis so we encourage you to apply early!

Aidan

AMAZING

I had such a great time on this trip. Not only did I partake in community service but also had lots of fun. I met lots of new people and made friends that will last a lifetime. We went all around the capital city and explored around the country. The locals were nice and our housing was great. I have never felt so safe in a foreign country before. I was not expecting this trip to be as impactful on me as it was. I thing about it everyday.lne thing I really loved was the food it was amazing. We had different local foods every nite cooked by the directors wife. My favorite was the empanadas we had twice in the trip for dinner. If I was not out of high school I would 100% do this trip again it built me as a person and matured me into a young adult.

This program could not be improved at all. I loved everything about it and would not change anything at all.
Kodee

Exemplified Immersion in the DR

As a staff member in the Dominican Republic I have grown as a individual and professional while seeing an even more intensified growth for the participants. For housing nearly 30 individuals the house held up well, but was far from perfec but very reflective of the normal Dominican living experience. This program is great in the realm of immersion, there is always a Dominican to talk to or play a game with. The communities we work in quickly become a family and really make the experience one of a kind.

The amount of travel to the work site.
Kyle

Wouldn't Hesitate To Do It Again

I had been in this neighborhood before and loved it, so I wanted to have a more extended stay. Gave me the opportunity to truly experience the culture of this beautiful place. For me it was great. I would go to the worksite or kids camp ready to work, then at night have a cultural experience. The best by far for me is just hanging out with the dominican friends I made, while getting a coke at the corner store. If you go to the community with open arms, they will take gladly. Then you will be part of a community you have never seen anything like before, and will never forget it.

Let the kids have a little more freedom, with just a tiny bit less restriction. I know most of those rules are from safety precautions and things from the past, but that is to the individuals decision. One of the best parts of the trip is experiencing the culture, so at times I wanted to just only be with Dominicans, and truly be submerged by myself.
d87

Great Trip!

I had such a great trip with Visions to the Dominican Republic! Everyone on the trip was great and I thought there was a really good balance between working and doing other activities! I would love to go back!

Annie

DR

I had such a good trip with Visions to the Dominican Republic and I know I will never forget it. I made friends that I know I will never forget both with the other participants and with the locals. I loved the project we did and I felt like there was a really good sense of community. I would definitely do a Visions trip again!

Alumni Interviews

About VISIONS Service Adventures

VISIONS programs are grounded in a philosophy that has been changing the lives of teenagers for 30 years. We believe it is best to do one thing and do it well. That’s why across all programs we have one model, built on the pillars of meaningful...