VISIONS Dominican Republic Service Adventure Programs

Help build much-needed schools and organize a summer camp for kids from the poorest neighborhoods of Santo Domingo. Spend off-hours in classic Caribbean style—socializing, dancing, laughing, telling stories, speaking Spanish and watching baseball with new friends. Complete the experience with excursions to the Zona Colonial, artisan markets, beaches, caves and the majestic Dominican Alps.

Kodee

Exemplified Immersion in the DR

As a staff member in the Dominican Republic I have grown as a individual and professional while seeing an even more intensified growth for the participants. For housing nearly 30 individuals the house held up well, but was far from perfec but very reflective of the normal Dominican living experience. This program is great in the realm of immersion, there is always a Dominican to talk to or play a game with. The communities we work in quickly become a family and really make the experience one of a kind.

The amount of travel to the work site.
Kyle

Wouldn't Hesitate To Do It Again

I had been in this neighborhood before and loved it, so I wanted to have a more extended stay. Gave me the opportunity to truly experience the culture of this beautiful place. For me it was great. I would go to the worksite or kids camp ready to work, then at night have a cultural experience. The best by far for me is just hanging out with the dominican friends I made, while getting a coke at the corner store. If you go to the community with open arms, they will take gladly. Then you will be part of a community you have never seen anything like before, and will never forget it.

Let the kids have a little more freedom, with just a tiny bit less restriction. I know most of those rules are from safety precautions and things from the past, but that is to the individuals decision. One of the best parts of the trip is experiencing the culture, so at times I wanted to just only be with Dominicans, and truly be submerged by myself.
d87

Great Trip!

I had such a great trip with Visions to the Dominican Republic! Everyone on the trip was great and I thought there was a really good balance between working and doing other activities! I would love to go back!

Annie

DR

I had such a good trip with Visions to the Dominican Republic and I know I will never forget it. I made friends that I know I will never forget both with the other participants and with the locals. I loved the project we did and I felt like there was a really good sense of community. I would definitely do a Visions trip again!

About VISIONS Service Adventures

VISIONS programs are grounded in a philosophy that has been changing the lives of teenagers for 30 years. We believe it is best to do one thing and do it well. That’s why across all programs we have one model, built on the pillars of meaningful...