• Fiji

Pricing

$2,000 USD
Dec 09, 2018
Sep 24, 2019

Find paradise and make a difference through community service via Global Works' volunteer in Fiji programs for high school students.

Cultural Exchange: On this program, we SCUBA Dive Fiji's coral reefs, trek volcanic mountain trails, snorkel along village shores, sea kayak Fiji's coastal waters, and experience Fijian community life. Community Service is at the heart of every Global Works trip and, on this one, students earn service hours through restoring a community school, teaching English and Geography to Fijian children, and assisting with marine conservation and reef protection projects.

Bryce

This trip changed my life for the better!

My trip to the Fijian islands changed my perspective on life. Ever since this trip, I have found that the gift is truly in giving. Being in Fiji showed me that taking a brief step out of my comfort zone can be very beneficial, and having an optimistic mindset is always necessary.

Before traveling to Fiji I was very unsure of myself, I didn't know what to expect, so I had told my parents that I did not want to go. Upon arrival, I forced myself out of my comfort zone and began to make friends with some of the nicest people I have ever met. The counselors were amazing as well! Whether you were feeling homesick, or just wanted to talk, they were always there for us. I found myself feeling as if I was apart of a little family, and despite being away from my real family, I was never homesick. My best advice to the people attending this trip is to just be your full self, and you will always have fun.

Meeting the villagers was easily my favorite part of the trip. They made us feel at home and if we ever needed anything they were there for us. Staying in the village with the younger kids, was never a dull moment. Whether we were playing sports, dancing, singing, or just being free we all had an amazing time. Gaining a bond with the people of the Nativi Village is something I will never forget.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
While scuba diving, I saw a fleet of jellyfish swim above my head. None of them stung but it was awe-inspiring to see these florescent animals in their natural habitat.