Grand Tour Europe East | Blyth Academy International Summers

students getting a tour of Auschwitz Concentration Camp
students getting a tour of Auschwitz Concentration Camp
Students at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin
Students at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin

Grand Tour Europe: East offers a diverse array of sounds, sights, and tastes of European cities, towns, castles, mountains, and monuments. From ancient ruins to contemporary cities, experience a variety of European cultures in one unforgettable summer abroad.
Visit historic sites like the Brandenburg Gate and Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin. To the south enjoy Munich, the birthplace of Oktoberfest and packed with Bavarian culture. In Poland, explore Krakow’s old town then head out of the city to spend a sombre afternoon at Auschwitz. Climb to the beautiful Alpine village of Zermatt, Switzerland rewarding yourself with a dip into a traditional Swiss fondue. In Prague, the “city of a hundred spires,” enjoy unforgettable views from Letná Park. Stroll the sunny streets of the ancient city of Porec in Croatia. In Italy, dress to impress in the stylish streets of glamorous Milan. Before returning home, visit Venice, with its famous Grand Canal and gondolas.

Isabel

Grand Tour Europe East

Grand Tour Europe East was the second Blyth Academy International Summers program I participated in - the first being a Grade 9/10 trip England, Scotland, and Ireland. During both programs, I studied photography and loved every minute of it. Every few days, my group moved to a new city, exposing ourselves to new cultures and opportunities. Our teachers were so supportive and kind, and were wonderful in helping us to reach our academic goals.
Our excursions were incredible - my group spent time paddle boarding, cycled around Slovenia, and travelled to Kutna Hora, a church filled with skeletons, just to name a few.
I also made so many friends on this trip - a few of whom I have travelled with since, and plan to see again soon! Blyth Academy is a wonderful place to meet incredible and interesting people.