View Other Details
Airfare is included on high school semester abroad programs.
Scholarship opportunities are available for high school summer programs.
There are no hidden charges or surprises when you arrive!
There’s never a dull moment in the dynamic city of Berlin. Here you can be part of the cutting-edge cultural scene while practicing and perfecting your language skills in one of Europe’s most popular hot spots for creativity, innovation, and international study. Watching Harry Potter and NCIS in German with your homestay. Grabbing currywurst on the run. Visiting the Berlin Wall and the Brandenburg Gate. Bonding with exchange students from five different continents. These are just a few memories you might share with fellow alums.
CIEE offers you a chance to study in the lively German culture either for the summer or a full high school semester! Not a high school student? Not a problem. We also offer a Gap year program in Berlin. Regardless of where you go — whether in the center of Berlin or outside city limits — you’ll develop your German language skills through both coursework and conversations with the locals.
- Walk one of the last remaining stretches of the Berlin Wall still in place at the East Side Gallery – the longest open-air art gallery in the world
- Visit the German Bundestag (parliament) and watch the decision making of the politicians through the glass roof (Global Entrepreneurship program)
- Gain a certificate of learning in to use in your resume
- Spend a day at Zoologischer Garten, the most visited zoo in Europe
- 24/7 Support from your CIEE program leader and in-country CIEE staff members