View Other Details
Study abroad on the “The Emerald Isle” with its glorious scenery and friendly, welcoming people. With stunning coastal views, ancient monuments, and lively towns and cities, Ireland offers so much to see and do. Home to the Giant’s Causeway, the Ring of Kerry, and the lively city of Dublin, Ireland is sure to amaze you.
You’ll quickly recognize that the Irish know how to have great craic (the Irish word for fun)! Music is central to Irish life and is usually at the heart of each community. Sport is a prominent feature of Irish life, too. Hurling and Gaelic football, Ireland’s two national sports, are the most popular of all.
During your time in Ireland, you’ll become thoroughly familiar with the Irish way of life by living with a carefully-selected host family and continuing your education at a local secondary school in one of our host communities. Ireland is an ideal place to step outside of your comfort zone, become a cultural insider, and engage in an exciting new adventure.
- Make connections and memories you'll never forget with other AFS exchange students from all over the world.
- Engage in activities such as Irish dancing, hiking the unforgettable countryside, or taking in the sounds of a local fiddler.
- Sample an appetizing blend of traditional and modern Irish cuisine with quality homegrown produce and wholesome ingredients.
- Live with a host family to deepen your immersion and connection to Irish culture. If you’re like most AFSers, you won’t want to leave this second family and home.
- Become a global citizen. Gain intercultural communication skills. Build your college and career resume. Help create a more peaceful, understanding world.