View Other Details
Explore the birthplace of the renaissance on this three week Pre-College abroad summer program in Florence, Italy. Reside in a picturesque villa set on a hill overlooking the city and head out every day to learn about Florence through the lens of your seminar subjects. Choose a major and a minor seminar and delve into exciting topics ranging from Art History to Diplomacy to Creative Writing to Photography to Fashion. Select from 14 exciting seminar topics. Engage with course material that inspires you and piques your interests. Your instructors are experts and professionals in the subjects they teach and our seminars are will help you hone in on a direction for college. During afternoons and evenings, wander Florence's winding streets and alleys, play pick-up games of soccer with locals, visit art galleries and museums, or attend an opera or a concert. Weekend excursions to Rome, Venice, the Tuscan countryside, and the seaside villages of Cinque Terre round out your active schedule.
- Converse in Italian with leather artisans on the Ponte Vecchio
- Discover the classical myths behind the artwork at the Uffizi, and write your own myth-based story
- Meet with prominent business leaders to discuss the challenges of modernizing Florence
- Join a gelato-making workshop with your Italian Cusine seminar
- Photograph the special quality of light that comes alive during a Tuscan sunset