Summer School in Florence | Blyth Academy International Summers

Study abroad this summer in Florence, Italy, with Blyth Academy International Summers!

Florence boasts walkable cobblestone streets that play host to countless works of art and architecture, bustling outdoor markets, and innumerable piazzas filled with locals sipping espresso in the morning sun—not to mention awe-inspiring and iconic sites like the Duomo.

Students will enjoy sunrises over Piazzale Michelangelo, sunsets on the Ponte Vecchio, and visits to the city’s ubiquitous trattorias and gelaterias. Visit the world-renowned Uffizi Gallery and the Galleria dell’Accademia, the site of Michelangelo’s David; people-watch from the banks of the Arno River; climb to the rooftop of the awe-inspiring Santa Maria del Fiore, the third-largest church in the world; and picnic in parks and gardens.

Hi I’m Katie !
Katelyn

my summer experience in Italy!

I travelled to various locations in Italy to obtain my grade 11 English credit this summer and I can honestly say it was the greatest experience of my life. Not only did this experience allow me really break out of my shell and make life long friends , but I experienced academic enrichment like I’ve never had before. Every day in Italy was a new adventure for me and the memories I created with my class will last a lifetime for me. Not only are all the staff so supportive and easy going, but they are also there to help you maximize your success in their class. All the excursions and tours I had on this trip were unforgettable. As someone who is extremely anxious when separated from home, everyone on the trip made me feel so comfortable and really allowed for me to mature and let go of my fears. I remember in Florence my friends and I sprinted through the city to make it to the top of the Micheal Angelo view point to see the beautiful sunset across the city. It was truly the trip of a lifetime and if you ever have a chance to experience Blyth, without a doubt ... DO IT!

Blyth has a perfect balance between class and free time , the only thing I would look to make even better is have trip coordinators research and reccomend great restaurants and cafes nearby your hotel, since there are so many places to eat in Italy, it was hard to narrow down the best spots! Other than that, nothing !

About Blyth Academy

Blyth Academy is the leading private school in Canada by enrolment, with fourteen campuses across Ontario. Additionally, we offer over 30 academic summer programs in more than 30 countries across the world where students can earn credits towards a...