World Class Programs offers high school students the opportunity to study abroad in Florence, Italy. This summer study abroad program is designed for students of all academic backgrounds who are excited about immersing themselves in Italian culture and lifestyle. In this pre-college program, students will have an array of options for course study, including Art History, Fine Arts, and Philosophy, in addition to courses in Italian language and cuisine.
Students can choose on major course for their daily focus and one afternoon elective. Major classes meet Monday through Friday in the mornings for three hours, while elective classes meet three times a week for two hours per class. Courses include Italian language, Photography, Fine Arts, Art History, Architecture, Tuscan Cuisine, and Philosophy.
- Traveling throughout Italy each weekend on “mini-adventures” to other Italian cities
- Studying and discussing philosophy in the Piazza del Duomo while enjoying Gelato
- Admiring the legendary Renaissance masterpieces at the Uffizi, Galleria de la Academia and countless other Florentine museums
- Sketching Michelangelo’s “David” as part of the art class taught by our faculty
- Rooftop lunch in the heart of Florence