Explore Florence, Italy with World Class Programs

World Class Programs offers high school students the opportunity to study abroad in Florence, Italy. This summer study abroad program is designed for students of all academic backgrounds who are excited about immersing themselves in Italian culture and lifestyle. In this pre-college program, students will have an array of options for course study, including Art History, Fine Arts, and Philosophy, in addition to courses in Italian language and cuisine.

Students can choose on major course for their daily focus and one afternoon elective. Major classes meet Monday through Friday in the mornings for three hours, while elective classes meet three times a week for two hours per class. Courses include Italian language, Photography, Fine Arts, Art History, Architecture, Tuscan Cuisine, and Philosophy.

• Live in upscale, spacious apartments in the heart of Florence!
  • Meet Italian youth and make friends from all over the world!
  • Learn outside of the classroom using our "Experiential Learning Method"!
  • Take day trips to Venice, Verona, Milan, Siena, Cinque Terre, Pisa, and more!

Rebecca

Loved my experience!

World Class Programs was really great! I'd travelled abroad with my family before but I wanted to go alone before I went to college. My parents felt safer knowing I was with a group of people my age and instructors that were with us the whole time. Some of my best friends were made on this trip. It's amazing how close you become over just 3 weeks! If you don't do anything else with your summer, do this. It's so worth it!

Erin

Nearly Fluent in Italian!

I'd taken two years of Italian before I decided I wanted to go abroad. My mom found World Class Programs and I attended the full 4 weeks of the program. When I went back to school the next fall, my Italian teacher encouraged me to test out of the grade because of how fluent I had become! I was even worried before I went on the program that my Italian wasn't good enough but there were kids in my Italian Language class that hadn't even taken Italian before. The instructor gave each of us our own curriculum based off where we were in our proficiency so it didn't feel competitive and we were just working on improving ourselves the whole time. Most of our classes were outside and we were barely in the classroom! It's such a different experience than I've had before! My suggestion for future students is to go with an open mind! You're gonna meet people from all over the world, not just the US or Italy. Also, BRING WALKING SHOES! I only brought sandals and the 3rd day of the trip I asked if I could go buy shoes so my Italian instructor went with me and had me only speak Italian in the store as one of my assignments! (I wasn't quite as proficient then haha)

It can't! :)
Rachel

Summer in Florence

I had the best time of my life on this trip! I'm so glad I didn't stay at home and have the same summer I had the year before. I've always wanted to travel so when I heard about World Class Programs at school I did a little research and convinced my parents to let me go and I'm so glad I did! You spend 4 weeks with kids your own age in the middle of Florence in this cool apartment! We took weekend trips to other Italian cities too! I didn't know any Italian when I went but it didn't matter. Everyone was so accommodating there including our instructors. I will never forget the summer I had and I can't wait to go back to Italy!

MAKE IT LONGER! AND MAKE A COLLEGE PROGRAM!

About World Class Programs

World Class Programs offers high school students the opportunity to study abroad and experience cultures from around the world. We hope to prepare students for an ever more globalized world while allowing them independence and exciting experiences...