Rome & The Greek Islands | Blyth Academy International Summers

Trevi Fountain
Trevi Fountain
students swimming off back of sailboat in turquoise water
students swimming off back of sailboat in turquoise water

Study abroad this summer in Rome and the Greek Islands with Blyth Academy International Summers!

What better way to learn about the history of civilization than in the birthplaces of two of the world’s most formative empires, Rome and Greece? Here, the history books come to life!

In Rome, explore the Colosseum and Roman Forum and learn how classical mythology and philosophy shaped Western civilization. Discover beauty at Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps, and learn about power and grandeur in Vatican City. Visit Athens and discover both classical and modern Greece. Hike through the Acropolis and take in the glory of the Parthenon and the Temple of Athena Nike. Leave the land behind and board private yachts for sailing and learning in the Argo-Saronic Islands. As you explore this unique archipelago, each island offers a stunning backdrop for your studies.

• Earn Grade 11 or 12 high school credits.
  • Visit and Tour Vatican City.
  • Explore the Colosseum in Rome and the Acropolis in Athens.
  • Sail around the Argo-Saronic Islands for 3 days.
  • Opt in to a variety of excursions to enrich your experience.

Hunter

Fantastic

Amazing program that I would recommend to anyone. The teachers were extremely welcoming and provided a time of support through the entire trip. A majority of the peers that I met with on this trip I am still friends with. They offer a great balance between school and touring since you although you are taking a high school course it still feels like a vacation. My favourite parts of the trip were organized by the athletic director that planned a variety of different activities when we went to different hotels. Some of the activities included beach volleyball, touring the city, fun dinners and many more. This was a great way to meet new people and learn more about the best areas to look at while touring around the different cities. Especially when you are entering a new area it is important to understand the subway and such.

The only part that I would improve would be the food included at different hotels
Jordan

Amazing opportunity

I went to a four week Blyth international summers program in the Roam and Greek islands. I personally loved the experience! The social scene is great for students, you make tons of friends that last outside of the trip. The schooling aspect is closer then school, more one on one time with your teacher is given and is very helpful. Blyth definitely focuses on hiring the best of the best staff. They are fun, outgoing, helping, and great at what they do. I would recommend any student to go and travel with Blyth for an international summers program, it won’t let down! And it’s a great way to earn a credit by doing fun interactive learning with real life benefits! Blyth academy is a must in a students schooling history, they’ve gotta experience it!

Nothing! I would say the trip is very near to perfect.
Austin

The Best Trip Ever!!!

The Rome & The Greek Islands trip is highly recommended by me and was one of the best experiences of my life. I learned, explored and grew over the course of this trip. I got my grade 12 English credit and I loved my teacher. It was amazing being able to experience what the setting was in the novels that we read. For example we read Oedipus The King and then did presentations by the Parthenon. I made lots of lifelong friends over the course of the trip and I am glad that I was able to experience this program with such a nice group of people. The staff was also very kind and helpful. In both Italy and Greece I had some of the most delicious food I have ever tried, from pizza to calamari it was all amazing. I was also immersed into different cultures and saw magnificent landscapes. The trip was 10/10 and I highly recommend it.

Through my perspective I think that anybody going on the trip should try everything and step out of there comfort zone.