THINK Global School - Live and learn in 12 different countries during high school

Congratulations! You've found the world's first traveling high school!

Unlike standard study abroad programs that range from a few months to a year, THINK Global School is the world's first traveling high school. Our innovative program offers students ages 15-18 the opportunity to gain a global education by living and learning in 12 countries over the course of 3 years. Best of all, we put the student back in control of their own learning through our place- and project-based curriculum. Apply today.

THINK Global School is a traveling high school where you’ll live and learn in four countries a year, making unforgettable connections between your education and the world around you.

Are you ready to embark on the adventure of a lifetime? If you’re a strong student with boundless intellectual curiosity, the adaptability to thrive in diverse countries and conditions, and a genuine desire to make the world a better place, then THINK Global School may be the right place for you. Because of the unique nature of THINK Global School, we go to great lengths to ensure that every admitted student is an ideal fit, making our admissions process deliberately intensive.

• Live in 4 different countries per year, 12 countries in all
  • Learn about the world firsthand through direct experiences and conversations with locals
  • Gain a student-centered education through project-based learning
  • With only 30 students per cohort and a 3:1 student-teacher ratio, you come first
  • A truly global classroom: our students hail from over 30 countries

Liisa

Alumna review

I was a student between the years 2012-2015 (and studied with TGS in Argentina, Bhutan, USA, India, Tanzania, Japan, New Zealand, Costa Rica and Greece, in given order) in grades 10-12.

TGS is an amazing experience that you cannot find anywhere else. It has sincerely helped my personal growth immensely and challenged myself in multiple ways (as by immersing myself in English and learning Spanish, and living away from home under longer periods of time). I have great memories from every country we have studied in, although some more than others. Similarly, by travelling and living so extensively with people from all walks of life, I now consider people from across the globe to be some of my dearest friends (both students and staff) - even 3 years after having graduated.

When I was a student there, the school was still under the IB curriculum (The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme). This was a very challenging task for students, to combine both travels and studying this immensely academically challenging program. They've done their best to adapt a new program for the benefit of the students, as well as to re-use old cities that the school went to and instead doing their best trying to improve that experience for students.

If given the chance, I would definitely recommend anyone interested in exploring the world while still enrolled in high school to apply.

Lee

Truly the future of education

There are many programs that offer the opportunity for travel and experiential learning, but THINK Global School is the only one that offers students the chance to do it for their entire high school career. While the travel is probably the most alluring part of the school's experience, THINK Global School also spent two years developing it's own place- and project-based learning curriculum that places students at the center of their own learning, allowing them to gain mastery in the areas that they truly care about.

It's not just the countries that are diverse: THINK Global School's students come from all over the world, so the conversations are always filled with different viewpoints and insights, providing a global aspect that is hard (if not impossible) to replicate at other schools.

All in all, if you are looking for an education where you can learn in the world, not just about it, THINK Global School is the perfect school for you.

Chelle

Educator Experience at THINK Global School

I have held a variety of roles at THINK Global School from Student Life Advisor, to Curriculum Developer, and most recently as an Educator. I have loved the chance to work in a dynamic environment where my ideas are valued and I am challenged every day to contribute to the forward-thinking educational model that we are developing. As a project-based and place-based traveling school, THINK Global School is a unique environment where Educators develop experiences and learn alongside students. We develop a rewarding relationship with our students as we facilitate their learning and guide them in life skills. We also work to develop a relationship with the communities that we locate in (this year we were in Maun, Botswana, Mumbai, India, Hiroshima, Japan, and Bilbao, Spain) - which is the most rewarding part of my work. Building a working relationship with local schools, guest speakers, and community groups is one of the best ways to immerse in the culture and really experience a country/city/village. I would highly recommend this experience for those who are interested in education, developing a global perspective, and making a potential impact on the future of the world.

Breanna

Unrivaled Global Program

If you are curious about the world, strive to make lasting connections with diverse internationals and hope to immerse yourself in other cultures, no other program rivals THINK Global School (TGS). TGS is a unique place that challenges students through project-based, place-based learning, where students explore a host country’s historical, political and environmental opportunities. Whether learning “The Odyssey” while island hopping around Greece, tracking wildlife in the Greater Okavango Delta or building an e-commerce business in rural India, this program is as challenging as rewarding. As a TGS educator for 6 years, I can say this experience has changed my life for the better. TGS has inspired me to be better and do more, and has given me an unparalleled global network that feels like my forever family.

About THINK Global School

THINK Global School is the world’s first traveling school, and each year our students live and learn in four different countries, making unforgettable connections between their education and the world around them. By the time they graduate, THINK...