Start The Experiment in Amman, where you will begin Arabic lessons and experience local history and culture. Expand your knowledge of present-day Jordan through discussions on politics, Islam, human rights, the role of refugees, and multiculturalism. You’ll get a taste of Jordan’s culinary culture with tea nights and cooking classes, and complete a community service project. Outside the capital, explore Jordan’s ancient history in a Bedouin community, float in the Dead Sea, visit Petra, and trek the rocky mountains of Wadi Rum on camelback. You will wrap up your journey by returning to Amman. At the conclusion of this program, you will earn three (3) college credits.
- Attend 40 hours Arabic language classes.
- Learn about Humanitarian assistance projects within Jordan and meet with the Red Crescent NGO, an organization similar to the Red Cross.
- Attend Seminars on women’s issues, the media in Jordan. Visit Petra, one of the ancient wonders of the world, to view the ancient buildings carved out of mountain sides.
- Participate in a community service project and take a dance class to learn traditional Jordanian dances.
- Hike to sacred sights of Mount Nebo and then hike down to swim in the Dead sea.