EcoTeach - Where Travel Changes the World

EcoTeach - Where Travel Changes the World

While fun and adventure are part of every EcoTeach tour, it's the conservation work, cultural exchange and real-world experiences that make our programs stand out. When you work on community-based projects to protect sea turtles or the environment, you know your trip will have a positive impact on the communities and your understanding of the world.

Costa Rica
Our trip cost is a land only price/participant and is all-inclusive (except flights) and includes bilingual naturalist guide, accommodations, private in-country transportation, meals, activity and entrance fees.

Costa Rica Immersion

Our group of 9 middle school students spent 8 days in Costa Rica in April. We asked our guide to talk only Spanish to the kids and he did! We also selected one student to be "leader" and one student to be "translator" each day. Our guide Eloy really utilized these students. The translator worked really hard translating for the rest of the group and the chaperones that did not speak Spanish, and the leader got to make decisions like where we would have lunch or what snacks we would buy at the supermercado. As a chaperone, I was thrilled with the personal attention we got from the EcoTeach guide and the Spanish practice each kid got.
In addition, the EcoTeach guide and driver were amazing when it came to being flexible! We were stopped by a mudslide, a fallen tree, and holiday traffic, but they found alternatives and kept it fun for the kids! Thank you EcoTeach!

EcoTeach Costa Rica 2017

For the second year in a row, I took 17 - 8th graders to Costa Rica with EcoTeach. When I travel again with students, I will go through EcoTeach. Their trips are a mix of great science education with a lot of culture and fun! Safety has never been an issue, and they make sure that all of your questions and concerns are taken care of. Also, they do a great job of communicating with parents before, during and after the trip. Their guides are well trained, funny, caring and very flexible with the daily routine. Everything is taken care of ahead of time, which allows chaperones to enjoy the trip just as much as the kids. Sometimes it feels like the number of things you see and accomplish in the short amount of time is too much, but the lack of sleep is completely worth it, and it impacts kids positively for the rest of their lives.

I will only be traveling with EcoTeach in the future.

Costa Rica 2017

My 22 high school students, two co-leaders, and I enjoyed a fantastic experience with Ecoteach in Costa Rica. The guides and the bus drive were amazing. They met all our needs, and they were great with kids. We covered over 800 miles in ten days including the Arenal Volcano, the Sarapiqui Rainforest, the Sierra Talamanca mountains, and the Pacific Coast. Our students loved the zip line tour of the forest canopy in La Fortuna, the visit to the elementary school in Sarapiqui, and the white water rafting trip, but there absolutely favorite part of the trip was the home stay in La Providencia. I originally planned to lead a trip to Spain in 2018, but I decided to stick with Ecoteach's tour of Costa Rica instead!

No suggestions.

EcoTeach Costa Rica

I have done two trips to CR with EcoTeach and both trips were an amazing experience for all. The guides are knowledgable, funny and caring! They truly become friends to all involved in the trip. Student safety is always a primary concern and never once have I worried about the well being of a student traveler. What I like about EcoTeach is the trips are all about activities that a "tourist" will never get to experience. They go to remote outpost camps and tiny communities so students get a feel for not only the rich biodiversity, but also the culture of Costa Rica. My plan was to take students every two or three years. I have so many students wanting to travel, however, that I may have to go every year! Oh well. (;

They do a tremendous job!

We have traveled with EcoTeach to Costa Rica for the last three years. Every year the students have an amazing experience working at a turtle research station getting hands on experience with researchers. We have also visiting elementary schools in rural Costa Rica, gone to butterfly gardens, participated in beach clean ups and visited a sloth sanctuary. It isn't all work, the kids get time to play as well. If you are looking for a unique experience where kids get hands on this is the trip to go on.

Nothing I can think of...

Ecoteach Trip to Costa Rica

Recently my coworker and I traveled to Costa Rica with 8 of our students. We participated in rain forest and frog ecology field projects, visited a local school, participated in turtle research and visited a local indigenous tribe.

The trip was fantastic! First the subject material was wonderful. Ecoteach as an organization is great to work with. The scientists and guides who we worked with were generous, knowledgeable and understanding.. The accommodations were at some times rustic which added to the adventure and the food was great.

I can recommend a trip with you sponsored by Ecoteach without any reservations!!

We intend to do the same trip in the future.

Global Service Learning Costa Rica Trip - Outstanding Experience

Just returned from a 10 day trip to Costa Rica. Eco Teach was a magnificent partner in helping us at St. John's Northwestern Military Academy to plan a Global Service Learning trip. Our program at SJNMA hope to engage students in educational experiences and service learning. Eco Teach understood very well what we are trying to accomplish and created a trip that balanced service to the community, environmental science and environmental ethics. We also had to good luck to work with gifted biologists and who were generous with their time in sharing their research and including our students in their field research.

About EcoTeach

EcoTeach is committed to educational travel. Established by a teacher in 1994, EcoTeach has taken nearly 15,000 student and adult travelers on an educational tour to Costa Rica. Our tours have always been focused on hands-on conservation work,...