Travel to Himalayan villages with breathtaking views to experience life in the foothills of the world's highest mountains. Participate in community service efforts alongside local NGOs and community groups working to provide education and health support in underserved villages. Go trekking at the base of Sagarmatha, or Mount Everest as it's known in the West, stopping in Sherpa villages to sip locally grown tea and meet the locals. Gain a firsthand understanding of core Buddhist concepts on a meditation retreat and listen to inspiring stories of survival from Tibetan refugees who have fled persecution in their homeland. Meet colorful sadhus, or Hindu holy men, as you explore Kathmandu's ancient labrynth of bazaars and pagodas and find incredible photo opportunities around every corner!
- Trek from village to village and sip locally grown tea on a trek in the Mount Everest Valley
- Give English lessons to Nepali students and assist with construction projects at a school
- Explore the ancient stupas and shrines of the Swayambhunath temple complex
- Learn ancient meditation techniques from Buddhist monks
- Check out handmade crafts and meet local artisans while shopping for souvenirs in Kathmandu