Spend your school year learning a new language, exploring a new culture, and experiencing living history! This program gives you the opportunity to live with a Polish host family and go to school in your community. Poland has been an important country throughout European history and despite being at the heart of much destruction during World War II, it has kept much of its cultural heritage intact. Poland is home to 14 United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage sites, so there are endless spots to explore!
During your journey, you might spot the formidable Carpathian Mountains, the coastline of the Baltic Sea, or the winding river Vistula. You might also stop to enjoy traditional pierogis or cabbage rolls. As you wind your way through the old cobblestone streets, you’ll be enchanted by Poland's beauty. Poland is an ideal place to step outside of your comfort zone, become a cultural insider, and engage in an exciting new adventure.
- Immerse yourself in Polish – the best way to become fluent.
- Make connections and memories you'll never forget with other AFS exchange students from all over the world.
- Live with a host family to deepen your immersion and connection to Polish culture. If you’re like most AFSers, you won’t want to leave this second family and home.
- You might get the opportunity to canoe and kayak on Poland’s many beautiful rivers!
- Become a global citizen. Gain intercultural communication skills. Build your college and career resume. Help create a more peaceful, understanding world.