Immerse yourself in African village life as you join extraordinarily welcoming local people to volunteer on community-initiated projects with a focus on public health. Rwanda is a small, lush, and mountainous East African nation with a tragic history and progressive approaches to development. Collaborate with NGOs and meet with medical professionals to survey a diversity of health services. Assist community members in construction projects and explore how how work impacts the global community and our own lives in this complex and beautiful country.
- Assist with the operation of a home for disabled children
- Hike with guides to see golden monkeys in Volcanoes National Park
- Work on a construction project to expand the campus of a medical facility
- Learn basket-weaving techniques at a village cooperative
- Visit and reflect at the Kigali Memorial Centre and Genocide Museum