- South Korea
View Other Details
Begin your journey with peacebuilding workshops and immersion in Seoul. Hands-on seminars will introduce skills for peace advocacy.
Excursions to diverse regions will provide new perspectives on typical life in South Korea and the country’s modern perspective related to peace and development. Deepen your knowledge of Korea’s socio-political development by visiting places of historical importance and engaging with peace activists. Take Korean classes and immerse yourself in contemporary life and K-culture.
Discover daily life with a Korean family during your homestay, where you will cook bibimbap or listen to K-pop with your new host siblings. Complete a community service project alongside Korean youth. During the program’s temple stay, learn about religious traditions and the art of meditation alongside Buddhist monks.
Return to Seoul to visit sites such as palaces and museums, learn new moves in a K-pop dance class, and reflect on your journey.
- Examine themes of peace and conflict resolution during hands-on peacebuilding workshops.
- Develop skills for peace advocacy in any community while engaging with local activists.
- Immerse in South Korean contemporary culture and learn new moves during a K-pop dance class.
- Spend the night in a Buddhist temple, where you’ll learn about religious traditions and meditation from monks.
- Stay with a Korean family and try exciting flavor combinations during mealtimes as well as learn their language.
The Experiment in International Living Scholarships
The Experiment in International Living offers a variety of need-based and merit-based scholarships to worthy high school students looking to participate in their program. The eligibility requirements vary depending on where you live and other demographics -- and your GPA is taken into account for some scholarships too.