Reach Cambridge Spring and Summer Residential Study Programs in England

Spend either the spring or summer break living like a college student in one of the world's most beautiful and inspiring university towns: Cambridge. You will stay either in our headquarters Reach Hall, a large Victorian house formally owned by the university, or the historic colleges of Cambridge University, one of the leading universities in England and the world at large. This international program will allow you to make friends from across the world! You will choose from a wide range of academic courses (in everything from Law to Life Sciences & Medicine!) to study and you will also have the chance to explore the city of Cambridge as well as London and other exciting locations around the UK and take part in a wide range of activities, from sports to arts and drama. Reach for the stars, and you'll have an awesome summer experience in Cambridge.

It is open to students from 14-18 years old. Hope that helps!

• Program Selection 10
  • Pre-departure Help 10
  • In-program Support 10
  • Impact on Student 10
Vilija

A week of your dream college life

Even though I participated in the program for one week, it seemed like a month had passed - there were so many activities, amazing people and unique experiences that I truly did not want to go home. We had a chance to see how interesting and thought-provoking the lectures at Cambridge are and how many intelligent, kind-hearted and life-smart people there are on campus. The program left me with so many memories that I still remember how I felt every day at Reach - welcomed, happy and with limitless possibilities for me to explore.

Keep up the good work!
Molly

Best thing I could have done with my summer

This was my first experience in such an intellectually gratifying environment filled with students as passionate about the subject matter as I was. The English Lit class made me fall in love with my favorite subject matter all over again and I now know more than ever that I want to pursue this subject in my further education. The teachers were both so much fun and helped to guide us, but also let us share our own ideas and lead the class on our own to a certain extent. Our visits to museums and to see Macbeth really helped to enhance the class and broaden the experience past just sitting around a table. The program as a whole was fantastic and I particularly enjoyed the independence that came from staying in a university town.

The two excursions were rather sparse in terms of activities, but other than that there was never really a moment in which I found myself bored.
Tabitha

Experience of a lifetime

My son attended the Summer 2018 program 3 (Medical and Life Sciences) and had a fantastic time. This was his first camp as a residential student. He and I were a little nervous. But the staff and organization of the program put him at ease. He made life long friends from all over the world. The administration of the program and his experience were beyond measure. He was sad that his time in the program had to come to an end. He will definitely attend next year. The speakers/lecturers were amazing. The children were able gain knowledge through hands-on processes and demonstrations. This experience helped our son confirm his desire to be an Orthopedic Surgeon in the future.

Ava

The best way to spend your summer!

Reach Cambridge was by far one of the best experiences of my life. I have travelled across 10 countries and engaged in many academic programs, yet the amazing atmosphere of the program set it apart from any other. The courses were extremely informative and I learnt loads of new things. The teachers were caring and always pushed us to look at things from a different perspective. Our housing was extremely clean and nice and the supervisors were always around to help us out. Although our schedule was packed, we had the best time! The activities were fun and engaging (and also very competitive) I would 10/10 recommend this program. I made friends for a lifetime and we still video call or text! I left this program much more polished and happy!

Everything was perfect!
Emily

My experience

I had an amazing time at reach learning about physchology and meeting new friends from all around the world. Through out the programme we were always doing fun activities to keep us busy. The college residential facilities were amazing in downing college. If I was to go again I would! It was one of the best experiences I have ever had. All the different teachers I had were amazing and the lectures made me very interested in certain topics that I thought I would never be interested in. I definitely reccomend this experience to the people who are thinking about it!

Siri

Reach Cambridge

Reach Cambridge was an incredible experience that I will never forget. I have made lasting friendships, and the teachers were wonderful. Our class discussions were intriguing. I was encouraged by both my teachers and classmates to share my thoughts and ideas with the group. I learned so much during my time at Reach, and I met some amazing people. I definitely recommend checking this program out if you are looking for a fantastic summer adventure and lasting memories!

The creative writing add-on could be longer than two days.
lea

Amazing Experience

Reach Cambridge has been one of the most educational and beneficial experiences I've ever had. It teaches you to be responsible and make new friends, and introduces you to all types of cultures from all over the world. In addition, the classes are very good and advanced. They give you a glimpse of what it wold be like to learnt these subjects in university. You leave ReachCambridge knowing so much more. It is a wonderful experience where you meet people that you will remember your whole life. Even the supervisors and everyone in charge have played a huge role in making sure we had the time of our lives and did all sorts of activities, and I will always be grateful for that. I highly recommend ReachCambridge and I will always remember all the amazing memories I made there.

Ryan

Reach Cambridge Summer Camp :D (Almost Daily Diary)

Day 1 -
Welcoming tour + very amusing presentation. Nice (small) and cosy room. Sinks in closets :)
Trinity hall mug looked great so I got one.

Day 3 -
Catapults in engineering class. Worked great in testing. Not so well in actual demonstration -__-

Day 4 & 5
6 hour straight of time dilation (among other things). Interesting, but extremely exhausting. I wanted to sleep then but learnt some interesting stuff though. My friend did sleep for two hours.

HONEST BURGERS BEST BURGERS! :D

Next day we went to observatories and telescopes for lesson + a lecture on negotiation. China's fake markets trained me well ;)

Couldn't sleep that night. Dance and music lesson just across from my room. Yay.

Day 6 -
FIELD TRIP!
Stratford upon Avon (Shakespeare's Home). My friends and I ended up grabbing some McDonalds and eating most of the while. I think the view was better than the house.

Went to Warwick castle after. Card Games with friends on the bus. Maybe it sitting in the backwards chair was a bad idea...
Eagle show + Jousting. How much more medieval can you get???
Another friend bought a metal sword there. Fruit ninja in the dorms that night :O

Day 7 -
Much Ado About Nothing... MEXICAN EDITION in the Glove Theatre London.
Another game of cards. Some friends promised to teach me 52 pickup on the bus. You have NO idea ;)
Got a free watermelon from the cast (they had them in the scene and I was at the front of the stage. Yummy!)
Modern Art museum definition = big building with coloured squares, sand Carlos and Sainsbury receipts. Huh.
Pizza express dinner :P

Day 8 -
"School day" again. D:
Electromagnetism. I think the highlight of the day was punting, and I nearly got catapulted (literally) into the water when the punt got stuck and was going under the boat :/ It was fun :)

Day 9 -
Charity auction
Free Higs for 73 Pounds? SOLD.
DONUT Eating competitions too :)

Day 10 -
Leaving party? I think my diary I wrote before is messed up. ANYWAYS. Disco :D
I'm not big on it, so I played lots of card games with friends. Banker ended up having to write "check". I had over 20000 money. :)

It wa great fun, and I was sad to leave. I wished I had chosen the four week course instead.

Bye!

:D
Written by "God" (as dubbed by my friends. I had everything they needed when they need it most ^^ )

ITS PERFECT
Anas S.

Life changing experience

All I knew about Cambridge that it's a small city where you can get good education but after I stayed there for 4 weeks I became addicted to that place. A very beautiful city with it's authentic buildings and colleges. But the best part of that city was Reach. Reach really taught me a lot of things and made me grow as a person. One of my favourite things is meeting people from around the world which Reach did great in that. More than 15 nationalities I met the diversity is insane in a very beautiful way and not forgotten the high quality education I got which was not only in one program but two. I really enjoyed everyday I spent there. 30 days which I'll never forget. All I have to say is thank you very much.

By keeping up the great work they do and keep there supporting to the students.
Augusta

Exploring Cambridge

During my time in Cambridge I had the perfect chance to equally learn about university life and the British culture, at the same time I met people from the whole world. It was so fun! The staff was so helpful and supportive all the time, and you could say they put so much effort in planning the activities and make sure we were all doing fine. I would definitely recommend the program to everyone who is looking forward to going out of their comfort zone.

Kathryn

Best Experience So Far

The Reach Spring Program for 2017 was easily the best thing I have ever done. I got to meet so many new people, learn different things and discover myself as well. The program allowed me to stretch myself academically, try new things and improve the skills that I already had. We learnt very valuable information about University which, even if I don't attend uni abroad will benefit me greatly back home as well. I've made friends who will last me a lifetime and who I still talk to, nearly a month after the program has finished. We all miss each other dearly and are coming up with travel plans to see each other again and make another trip back to Cambridge. To not go on the program would be a wasted opportunity. I have no regrets and miss it more and more everyday.

Berlinda

Very good

I had studied Chinese for about 4 years at a Chinese school. Then I stopped because I had too much work to do. At first, I thought it was such a chore because my parents are like “Learn Mandarin, learn Mandarin,” but now I think it’s kind of important because China is becoming really powerful. I chose NextStepChina because they help you with a lot of things like the Visas which were very confusing. Also they gave a lot of guidance with that and the details on housing and tuition was very good. Just the whole package seemed really good compared to other ones I’ve heard of.

soccerguy1022

Incredible Experience

I have been to a lot of summer programs, and none of them compare to what I experienced at Reach. I wish I could go back next summer, but unfortunately I can't. However, I have recommended the camp to my friends and will continue to do so.

Slightly better teachers who stay true(r) to the course.

About Reach Cambridge

Reach Cambridge is recognized for providing high quality residential summer school programs in Cambridge, England. High school students from around the world enroll in classes of their choice and live and learn in the historic and inspiring...