View Other Details
- Enrollment in a local high school
- All pre-departure and post arrival orientations
- Pre-program support by trained YFU staff
- Support from a YFU Area Representative in Sweden while on program
Whether you take classes at a local school or participate in a special program for visual art or music, you'll experience what daily life is like for Swedish students. As you improve your grasp of the language by practicing both in the classroom and with your host family, you'll be able to connect more to your host country. Exploring the beaches, cities, and wildflower fields of Sweden will leave you with a deep appreciation for the country.
During your stay for the year, you may also get to experience a few fun excursions to Stockholm and Lappland. Activities on this trip have included hiking, guided tours of the flora and fauna, a trip to Narvik (Norway), learning about military and Sami history, and of course appreciating the beautiful scenic surroundings.
- Enroll in a school with an emphasis on the arts or music with YFU's special interest visual arts or music program