High School Study Abroad Exchange Program in Sweden

Study abroad as a high school student in Sweden with Greenheart Travel! For those who love the outdoors, studying in Sweden is the best place to learn the Swedish language, embrace the culture, and explore the stunning outdoor scenery that the country has to offer. Students live with a local host family and attend a local high school for an authentic, full cultural immersion experience.

Program at-a-glance:
-- Host family accommodation provides full language & cultural immersion
-- No previous language experience is required -- beginners welcome!
-- You can choose between trimester, semester or academic year lengths
-- Start dates available in spring or fall
-- Straightforward online application process

• Host family accommodations and meals included in the program fee
  • Medical Insurance and 24/7 Emergency Contact Support
  • Assistance from a personal program manager before, during and after your program
  • Be eligible to apply without having to meet any language requirements

Fiona

My time in Gothenburg

Overall my experience being a student of Greenheart travel was a good one. I originally chose them because people were so helpful and kind as I went through the many steps to start my journey. They were always there to answer emails, assure my parents and answer questions we had.
Although, there where some less than positive experiences as well. I was placed in a family where not all members of the family wanted a student in their house, and the family rules seemed to change and get stricter over time. In the end after months of disagreement and at least one meeting with a local coordinator trying to resolve things, I actually got moved to another family after being kicked out. It wasn’t entirely the family’s fault at all, there where situations I handled incorrectly. But in the end when I received a letter of probation for exploring farther than I was supposed they also included completely untrue statements not related to what I did wrong. I feel they greatly misrepresented me, which really hurt.
A solution was found and I was placed in a welcoming, wonderful family that completely changed my experience for the better.
I wouldn't go one way or the other to recommend or not recommend. I would say do your research on multiple programs. The best way being to look at a reviews. See what people say about the rules and the family they where placed with to make a decision.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Flying across the world and dealing with customs and long flights alone was defiantly the most nerve racking.
Hannah

Life Changing Experience!

By studying abroad I have learned so much about myself and the world. I thank Greenheart Travel everyday not only for the amazing support and help they give me but ultimately for making my dreams come true. Greenheart Travel set me up with an amazing host family in a great town. They made the application process very easy and worked with me every step of the way making everything crystal clear. I HIGHLY recommend using Greenheart Travel for your study abroad experience. Whether it be tech abroad, highschool abroad, volunteering, you name it they have it. Choosing Greenheart Travel will be a choice I guarantee you won't regret.

More scholarship options