Switzerland: Global Health & Humanitarian Action
View Other Details
Get an introduction to global health and the institutional and government complexities of Geneva, the world’s capital city of health and humanitarian action. Earn college credit as you investigate the specific contribution and impact of development agencies on public and global health.
In Geneva, the global capital city of health and health governance, visit strategic international agencies in the fields of global health, humanitarian action and human rights. These may include the World Health Organization, Global Fund, Global Vaccine Alliance, International Committee of the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, the United Nations Human Rights Council, and the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights. Compare global and local Swiss public health systems and their responses to the COVID-19 pandemic as you earn college credit and develop skills for college and your future career.
Video and Photos
- Earn college credit and develop skills for college and your future career.
- Take a cooking class and learn about Swiss food and culture.
- Learn from professionals in the fields of global health, humanitarian action and human rights.
- Visit the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum and the Palais des Nations (UN headquarters).
- Enjoy discussions on global health in urban spaces while appreciating the beauty of Bad Godesberg’s villas.
The Experiment in International Living Scholarships
The Experiment in International Living offers a variety of need-based and merit-based scholarships to worthy high school students looking to participate in their program. The eligibility requirements vary depending on where you live and other demographics -- and your GPA is taken into account for some scholarships too.