Nicaragua: Community In Action (Summer Program)

Nicaragua: Community In Action (Summer Program)

Central America, a narrow strip of steaming jungles and fiery volcanoes, is the earth’s most recent major land formation, and a melting pot of cultural and biological diversity. At its heart lays Nicaragua, the “land of lakes and volcanoes,” and a hotbed for innovative community response to the rapid changes of globalization. With an emphasis on community based learning-service, intimate home-stays, and exceptional language instruction, our Nicaragua program allows students to learn directly from community activists, famers, and NGOs working for social justice and sustainability.

We offer comprehensive, personal home visits so that we can answer your questions in person. One of our expert staff members will present on our program options and share stories from their own formative Where There Be Dragons program. To request a home visit in less than 2 minutes, fill out this form.

North America » Nicaragua
Program Categories
Nicaragua: Community in Action's land cost for a four week program is listed above. Flight costs for this program are estimated at $905. Need-based scholarships are available.

Jordan
Groton, Connecticut

Homestay

The homestay was so helpful for me in learning Spanish. I'm currently a teachers assistant in a Spanish class at my school-- Español para hispanohablantes (Spanish for native speakers) and I understand everything the class says! My family was so patient with my Spanish and very welcoming. I couldn't have asked for a better homestay experience.
I made so many great connections while on the trip, with both my group members and Nicaraguans we met while traveling. While my homestay family was the most prominent in my mind, my Spanish teachers from the village and all the people who helped me practice my Spanish on the farm also played a role in my success as a Spanish student.

habariyako
Cambridge, MA
University of Vermont

An informative and dynamic educator course

This review is for the Nicaragua educator course (Training Best Practices in International Experiential Education).

This course provided the perfect environment in which to share information among engaged peers and to develop personally as well as professionally. The integrity of WTBD's staff training, programming and administration was evident throughout, as well as a high level of professionalism and the company's commitment to lifelong learning.

Thank you for the wonderful course!

Dragons programs are authentic, rugged and profound learning adventures that expose the beautiful and complex realities of the countries in which we travel. Featuring extended itineraries, Dragons programs encourage deep immersion into strikingly different physical and cultural landscapes, combining the best in experiential education, travel,