- United States of America
View Other Details
Wildlife in the water is being confronted by critical threats to their habitat, including sharks, whales, seals, manatees and turtles. Our mission? To protect these marine habitats and the animals that depend on them.
On this program you will contribute to projects on and near the Florida coast. As sea level rise and climate change continue to damage coastal and marine habitats, you'll be one line of defense in working to mitigate the long-term effects of such rapid changes. Central Florida is where you'll study the impact climate change on the seas, and consider how issues such as invasive species, pollution, overfishing and beyond threaten native species.
You'll also have plenty of time for sun, sand and adventure during your 10 days in the Sunshine State!
- Journey to one of roughly sea turtle conservation and research sites in the state
- Confront the impacts of impacts of sea level rise, water quality, urbanization, sustainability and development
- Have a life-changing adventure snorkeling near manatees
- Take an excursion with your new friends to Crystal River Springs Resort
- Learn how to be an effective advoce for the natural world