Vietnam: Ecology & Conservation

Vietnam: Ecology & Conservation

Land in Ho Chi Minh City before traveling to mangrove forests, the Central Highlands, and the Mekong Delta to explore jungle and coastal areas to learn about Vietnam’s ecology.
At the mangrove forests in Can Gio, canoe down a river for a view of monkeys and birds in their natural habitat. Visit a primate rescue center and Cat Tien National Park, home to elephants and sun bears. Attend seminars on climate change, visit floating markets on the Mekong River, and bike, trek, and snorkel on the island of Phu Quoc.
Immerse yourself in the daily lives of Vietnamese families during homestays in Ho Chi Minh City and Da Lat. Take Vietnamese classes and participate in a community service project, such as building a biogas system. Learn about indigenous traditions, attend workshops on music, and practice meditation. Learn more about history with a visit to the Cu Chi tunnels, a system of underground tunnels from the Vietnam War. Your trip concludes with a visit to the gorgeous beaches of Phu Quo

• Sustainability
  • Water Activity
  • Wildlife
  • Community Service
  • Homestay
Asia » Vietnam » Ho Chi Minh City
Asia » Vietnam
Hotel
The Experiment is the leader in financial aid and scholarships, awarding $2.4 Million in 2016 alone. Program fee includes all accommodations in country, meals, activities, conferences, in-country travel, and 24-hour on-call support. Excludes international airfare.

Jeff
Pittsburgh PA

Impressive Vietnam

The trip does a fantastic job of making you feel like you're actually living in the country and not just visiting. It's focus on ecology and conservation fits perfectly with the area and the different excursions that we went on during the trip. Leaders and staff based within Vietnam were extremely accomadating and were a wealth of information during our stay. I would definitely recommend this experience to others and I hope one day I can go back.

Melody
Oakland, CA

Vietnam!

This program has been the most amazing thing I have ever done. I made so many friends, not only with the group I went there with, but with the Vietnamese students we did activities with and with my homestay families. The homestay experience of this program is one of its most important features and for me it was a super positive experience. I loved both of the families I stayed with, I did so many awesome things with them and felt like I was really part of their family. I am still in contact with them now, and my first homestay family even invited themselves to my college graduation! The trip overall was fabulous in every way, the people, the scenery, the community service, and everything else. This trip was super meaningful to me and I would 100 percent recommend it.

n/a

Sara
California

Impressive Vietnam

I had a truly amazing time on this trip. I think about it everyday, wishing to be back in such a beautiful place surrounded by a great group of people.
I met many new people: my groupmates, Vietnamese high school and college students, families and friends through my homestays, and many more.
Everyday was an adventure, whether we were exploring the city, hiking, snorkeling or swimming on the beach, or doing some form of community service. There was a great blend of scheduled activities (such as listed above), free time to bond and explore, and time that focused on the thematic focus (ecology and conservation), which generally consisted of talks from professionals and visiting environments and other educational places.

I would highly recommend this program!

I can't think of anything.

Rachel
Lang Son, Nghia Binh, Vietnam

great experience

I did EILs Viet Nam study abroad program and absolutely loved it. I was nervous about leaving home for an entire month for the first time but it was definitely worth it. I ate delicious food, saw beautiful places, bonded with both of my homestay families, and made great friends within my group as well. It's really an experience to remember. It can be nerve wracking and it definitely takes some adjusting but once you get in the swing of things it's an adventure the whole way through. Dont get me wrong. it's hot. and culture shock is real. But, when you come back home you'll have amazing stories to tell and you may even find yourself missing it.

The Experiment in International Living provides 3-, 4-, and 5-week summer programs for high school students who want to connect deeply and engage meaningfully with the richness and complexities of another country.

Programs equip students not only with essential cultural and, in many cases, language