FSD's Bolivia program supports the efforts of our local partner organizations to bring community-driven development to people who need it most. Plagued by rampant corruption, the people have very little access to land, health care, education, along with many other issues. FSD's programs promote collaboration to enhance the capacity of individuals and organizations to address these local issues.
- Surrounded by the Andes Mountains, Amazonian Rainforest, and Lake Titicaca, Bolivia offers one of the most spectacular and unique environments in the world. Our site located in Cochabamba is set in a fertile valley with a strong political movement.
- Receive intensive training in skills essential to sustainable development such as community asset mapping, needs assessments, collaborative project design, grant writing, and project monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist in the training of teachers at rural schools, while organizing community activities for parents, teachers, and local authorities, to maximize available resources and resolve education-related problems.
- Gain valuable project management skills through building houses, planting trees, and working with city officials and community leaders to help improve water quality, garbage management and composting systems.
- Change lives by implementing public policy campaigns regarding public health and access to education, write reform and policy proposals addressing human rights and local land use, and lobby local government officials.